• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

From what I here nobody wants him

Who are your NFL sources that you're talking to? I don't have any myself. So I can only speculate, which isn't worth much. I'm reading all kinds of speculation on what's going on, but since none of these sources are confirming any of this information with MN Vikings personnel, it's nothing but speculation and worth very little until something actually happens.

"From what I hear", there are plenty of teams that would want T-Jack. But you have to give up something to get something. And both sides have to agree to the trade and feel it's in their best interest. This isn't baseball. No one knocks down the doors to make trades in the NFL.

Aaron

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

If they can't get decent compensation for TJack, I hope they cut booty and keep TJack. Remember, he played Division II in college! He started WAY behind the learning curve. He is still far from a finished product, but I think he still has some upside. The kid should have sat on a bench for 3-4 years before ever getting in a meaningful NFL game. They rushed him along too fast for a kid that played DII.

A while back, the Vikings gave up on another developing QB and he went on to become the league MVP.... Rich Gannon. I AM NOT SAYING THAT TJACK WILL EVER BE A LEAGUE MVP. I'm just pointing out that sometimes giving up on a player too early can come back to bite you. Just some food for thought...

A while back, the Vikings gave up on another developing QB and he went on to become the league MVP.... Rich Gannon. I AM NOT SAYING THAT TJACK WILL EVER BE A LEAGUE MVP.

Good thing you spelled that out or you would have been burned at the cross for saying T-Jack is destined to be the league MVP some day. Apparently you can't use examples without folks thinking you are saying this IS what T-Jack is or will be!

Patience and wanting or having a willingness to develop players isn't an an attribute that most fans have. Just a simple fact. Most fans only care about results and they want results now, if not sooner. Being able to look beyond immediate results and being able to look down the road typically yields more rational thoughts.

Fact is, when you look at player development (in any sport), you're also going to deal with failure. Not every situation is going to lead to big results. This is why most fans (I believe) don't want anything to do with developing talent. They want someone else to do it and we can go after that talent when they're ready. This is why so many people get frustrated with the Twins. They focus on developing their own talent while fans want them to be more like the Yankees. Somewhere in the middle will usually lead to the best results.

Back to the Vikings. I believe that the people that want T-Jack gone are the same fans that want the Twins to be like the Yankees (if money weren't an issue). But you only play one QB at a time. Why you wouldn't want anything to do with having a guy like T-Jack on your roster is baffling to me. Are there better options? Or is it a fear that if Favre goes down that Vikings coaches will believe that T-Jack is better than Sage?

I'm failing to see how people think the Vikings awould be better off to cut ties with Jackson for essentially nothing. If you think it's because Booty is better than him (or will be better than him), great. At least there would be reasoning behind it. Flawed (in my opinion), but reasoning.

In all of the "get rid of T-Jack" comments I see, there is rarely anything to support how the Vikings will be better without him. It's just a matter of "I don't like him", "he's no good", "he doesn't get it". OK, great! But how are you going to make the Vikings better by getting rid of him? This should be the goal with any roster move.

Aaron

It's really puzzling to hear the support for this guy. I almost wonder if some are doing it just to push other's buttons, because it absolutely makes no sense at all. They honestly cannot say/type that stuff with a straight face.

Truly mind bottling.

And about the hypothetical of T-Jack having a $9M contract....the person who authorizes that should be fired on the spot. Oh wait, the guy who authorized drafting T-Jack was fired.

Good post AWH, that is exactly it, we are at the brink with TJ. I for one think he will go on to be a good NFL QB. Post Bert, do we start the magical Viking go-round again. 10 year journeymen Sage or a no experience Booty. And then we have to draft or try to trade for a serviceable QB AGAIN. How does this make any sense?

Quote:
You are in complete denial if you think that reason #1 in a possible trade including Jackson is anything other than the vikings organization not believing he can be their starter in the future.

Not surprising you'd take that ludicrous view of things. I understand you are clues-less on how things work in the NFL from a business side, not even your minions would believe what you are saying to be true. But as you have proved time and time again, redundantly, how open minded and rational you thinking are..... smile

So Jim if T-Jack was signed to a 9 million contract and Sage was restricted free-agent do you actually believe, no strike that you do believe it, that the Vikings would still trade or release T-Jack.... ?... If so ROTFLMAO!

Not even LIMIT who I understand can't side with me on this in an open forum would believe that STUPIDITY!

Give me a friggin break. You are dealing with Sage who has about a 3.5 mill a year contract and Jackson, a guy who is going to get nowhere near 9 mill a year.

IF JACKSON WAS THE FUTURE OF THIS TEAM THEY WOULD NOT TRADE THE GUY. You arent dealing with some QB thats over the hill and has a giant contract.

Open-minded LOL. What a joke. The guy throwing out that load is the guy who thinks reason number 1 jackson will be traded is the economics, as if he has a giant contract, or will get a giant contract LOL. The team who has been searching for a QB for years now is going to trade away their future QB because of economics LOL. Get a grip dude....see some reality for a change.

So how am I in denial??? Let me see, TJ puts up better stats then DMcnabb in a similar system with less to work with then Dmac? HMMmmmmm Then put his stats against the best QB in the game for his first 19 games and you get upset??? Its not like I pulled 19 random games...It was both of there first 19 games.

Jim, I do see you are not man enough to tackle the Mcnabb debate. Why is that?

I will give you one of the best stats for 2008.

Not enough of a man, LOL, do you have to bogart other peoples material? Thats twice now in 2 days. You still havent listed those top 20 QB's.

There is no need to even acknowledge a stat comparison between Mcnabb and Jackson. There is no debate LOL. How hard is it for you to comprehend that it was evident early on that Donovan "had it" and would be a really good QB. Funny you neglect to mention in these debates who Jackson has been able to hand the ball off to and how the defenses have played the vikings. He has been playing 8 and 9 man fronts that DARE him to throw the ball. Begging him to throw the ball, and he can't do it. You forget to mention that the QB's numbers that you compare Jackson to didnt have this luxury. As if a young Peyton Manning would have only put up those numbers with that luxury LOL. There is no evidence whatsoever that Jackson is going to be anything other than a career backup.

You have anything other than stats? Can you think for yourself and present an arguement?

It's really puzzling to hear the support for this guy. I almost wonder if some are doing it just to push other's buttons, because it absolutely makes no sense at all. They honestly cannot say/type that stuff with a straight face.

Truly mind bottling.

And about the hypothetical of T-Jack having a $9M contract....the person who authorizes that should be fired on the spot. Oh wait, the guy who authorized drafting T-Jack was fired.

I've stated the same thing, almost hard to believe what pier and fishin first and foremost put on here.

Kitna slices through MN's 2nd and 3rd string defense like a hot knife through butter and throws a TD pass.

T-jack throws two passes off his back foot with no completions and three and out.

Looks like we should be comparing T-Jack's stats with players of Kitna's caliber or less.

Meanwhile, Favre tutors Booty and Sage on the sidelines while T-Jack pouts in the corner.

Off subject but Paymah is looking like a antoine winfield type cornerback.......heck of a open field tackler!

Had that first play of the second half been T-Jack, the haters would bury him over that. But instead, what's the excuse since it was Sage?

And now Booty! Wow!!! Is this what Favre was tutoring those boys about on the sidelines?

Aaron

At least t-jack threw a TD to an open receiver.....sage threw a ball five yards short for an int when the receiver was OPEN!! OOPS!!

I just realized something quite interesting. Of the ten delusional T-Jack supporters in the entire state, about half of them are Fishing Minnesota members! waytogo.gif

I sure hope you guys stick around even after your 3+ year developmental project gets shipped out.

Listening to the radio today, they were broadcasting from the fair. They asked the crowd to applaud for who they wanted the starting QB to be for the Vikings NEXT YEAR. T-Jack got the most support, even over Favre. I guess all the T-Jack supporters in the state must have been at the fair today.

Aaron

Listening to the radio today, they were broadcasting from the fair. They asked the crowd to applaud for who they wanted the starting QB to be for the Vikings NEXT YEAR. T-Jack got the most support, even over Favre. I guess all the T-Jack supporters in the state must have been at the fair today.

Aaron

Not quite.

The crowd was asked, of the three QB's which one to kick to the curb. Overwhelming response when T-Jack's name was called. Same response for the past week every day it's been asked of the audience.

So hows that studying of film going for Sage and Jim? That guy in the white.....don't throw him the ball. How does that crow taste, same offense but yet Sage looks like a complete tool much like......well you know.

I didn't see him looking like that tonight.......if i saw a guy happy that he got pulled, i wouldn't want him back in the game! You guys make it look bad, but the guy was frustrated that he wasn't playing! I'd rather have him look upset than be happy he wasn't playing!

I didn't see him looking like that tonight.......if i saw a guy happy that he got pulled, i wouldn't want him back in the game! You guys make it look bad, but the guy was frustrated that he wasn't playing! I'd rather have him look upset than be happy he wasn't playing!

Have you forgotten? It's how he's wearing his hat. They should have cut him on the spot for that!

Aaron

Somebody should have. At least show a little class if you can't show any ability on the field.

Happy that he got pulled? Now that's a new one!

So the same goes for your boy Sage how he sliced through these backups....wait no he didnt? Also how did that designed roll-out work for your boy? So by comparing the first 19 starts of TJ vs. X Qb and TJ has better numbers......but wait he doesnt have "IT" according to JIm and his buddies and a guy on sirius radio!!!! HAHA

And T-Jack isn't photogenic on the sidelines....trade him NOW!! Sage is the man and can rip up any 2nd or 3rd string defense....wait.....he didn't do that did he!?!?

Quote:
Give me a friggin break. You are dealing with Sage who has about a 3.5 mill a year contract and Jackson, a guy who is going to get nowhere near 9 mill a year.

James you it make so easy..LOL!

Lets just start with tonights game.

Pete Berstich former viking player, employee and commentator.

Q: Why are the vikings keeping Sage and entertaining the thoughts of T-Jack who has played absolutely great football not only at the end of last season but all through the pre-season?

A: "the main reason of course is money the off season commitment to Vikings made to Sage and how tight money is with the way the salary cap works makes Sage un-tradable at this point and releasing him is a disaster.

It's about Value now, can you get more for Booty or Jackson even a lower pick can make a difference in a football teams future!

You should hang up the key board my friend!... grin

Paul Allen when asked about the up coming QB decisions on the radio broadcast tonight!

Quote:
This is really heart wrenching as Fan and a Viking employee. Jackson has played nearly mistake free Football of late and is showing the potential that we were hoping for unfortunately it's a business and Sage was signed to a contract and he's staying for sure because of it!

Good one James money or how the salary cap works has no bearing on the these types of decisions.

You are a great football mind....LMAO!