• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

T-Jack may very well have had a better carrier if Childress had handled this better. Very, VERY few quarterbacks can play at a decent level early in their NFL carrier. They are almost always better off sitting for a few years. Aaron Rodgers is a perfect example. If he was drafted higher and went to a bad team that needed production now, he wouldn't be nearly as good as he is. He was able to watch and learn from Favre for 4 years.

T-Jack played division II in college!!! There is no way this kid should have seen the field in the regular season for at least 3 years. The Vikings really did him a disservice.

Fish Head I agree! I do not think I have said it in here, but what the Vikes have done with T-Jack (short of just general character and image issues) would be like purchasing an expensive pure bread hunting lab puppy in January, with exclusive blood lines, and a family tree dating back to the 13th century, spending the spring starting it off just right for training, then for the month of August dropping it off at uncle Larry's junk yard to run with the yard hounds for 4 weeks. crazy

Very good perspective Fish Head. While all this TJ hate going on in here and Sage being the cure all to cure all's in the 2010-2011 season, I am starting to think it has to do something with something other than TJs QB abilities laughwhistle

If I know the Vikings, no one is going anywhere and the four horsemen are going to be here with TJ on second fiddle. Starting the 2010 season, I am not sure? I think TJ is a FA in 2010?

cdawg...just remember who TJ had to throw to in the previous years. If TWILL catches 4-5 more passes (that clanked off of his chest) TJ has multiple games of 200 yards. You can say what you want about the firts 2 games last year. But you have to take into account the Shiancoe drops and Berrians turf toe.

Just for fun, remember these are FACTS.....against the best QB in the NFL today. And I know the first thing you will spout off about is the yards, but let me remind you, unless you forgot that the Vikes are a run first offense. I know most can comprehend that, but if you look at the yards per catch is .1 off.

Peyton Manning after his first 19 NFL starts:

394/692 56.9% 4,650 yards 6.7 avg 33 TDs 33 INTs 73.55 QB rating.

Tarvaris Jackson's career stats (after 19 NFL starts):

306/524 58.4% 3,442 yards 6.6 avg 20 TDs 18 INTs 76.5 QB rating.

Nice job statboy. Once again you prove you can't see anything beyond a statsheet. This has to be about as rediculous a post as there has ever been on here. If you can't see how the stats in this case are not the whole story than there is no help for you. Some people "get it", or "have it", like Peyton Manning does and it was evident from the get go. Some people, like yourself and Jackson, don't "get it", and that also is clear to see. Hey statboy, list the top 20 QB's in the league last year according to rating and then honestly tell me that is the real picture of how anyone would list the top 20 QB's in the league. Go look at who was the leading tackler in the NFL last year and then try to tell me that he is the best LB in the NFL.

The best part about this is you are actually thinking you really backed up your stance on Jackson well with this post LOL. Notice how the other Jackson backers have not backed you up on your comparison? Maybe you should stop and think about why this is hahaha

lmmfao at rick...AGAIN

i can't believe you couldn't read into what koonie was trying to say.

i'll never back down of what i've said or thought about junkson...EVER

he continues to be a clown, same ol locking on to one reciever, can't look any defenders off, can't make a quick decision and holds the ball, has 90% of his plays break down so then he's forced to scramble and sometimes extend a play long enough to actually find the open man...pouts on the bench by himself..no leadership skills..deer in headlights during crunch time...no cool factor....the list never ends to be honest...everything you hope the leader of your squad has he doesn't.

its pretty much impossible to be a junkson fan and a viking fan at the same time...its like your routing for your team to have a mediocre qb.

i don't hate the kid as a person he's stayed out of trouble and has tried to become better...i think he's better off with a fresh start and new beginning somewhere else...but if we keep him we keep him i'm just glad he isn't our starter....he'll make a bomb 3rd string!!

Quote:
Report: Vikings shopping Tarvaris

Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2009 6:58 AM ET

The Minnesota Vikings are trying to trade quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, according to Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Specifically, the team has called other franchises to gauge the market for Jackson's services.

This doesn't mean a deal will be made, and it likewise doesn't mean that the Vikings will cut Jackson if they don't get an acceptable offer.

Jackson was a second-round pick in 2006, a product of the only draft conducted by the "triangle of authority" consisting of coach Brad Childress, V.P. of football operations Rob Brzezinski, and director of player personnel Fran Foley.

And, yeah, we added that last part because we don't mention Fran Foley, who was fired in the days after the 2006 draft after only a few months on the job, nearly as much as we'd like to.

So for all you that whined about TJ with his hat on backwards during the game. So what are comments to the Bert Royalty and allowing him to "skip" the final preseason game.

You don't see the problem with this?? This is where the schism is, for TJ that has worked his tail off FOR the Vikings the last 3 years and Bert to come in and not show up and get all the luxuries.

Jim I would gladly hold the clipboard for the Vikes, they might let you be the waterboy with all your in-depth knowledge. But in the end we would trade you and your boy Sage back to the Texans for some candy bars and powerade.

Glad to see you cant take reality.

More stats for ya jimbo, back to the pile.

Stay with me now all you TJ/chili haters. The main reason Chili drafted TJ was to develop him into a Mcnabb type Qb. Now whether Brad had anything to do with the development of Mcnabb is a whole different topic. I know for a fact most of you haters were drooling over the possiblity of Mcnabb coming over in the last offseason. But Don had to start somewhere, in fact here are his first 19 starts. Fact or something for you to try and debate your hate for TJ.

Donovan McNabb

372/678 54.8% 3,486 yards 5.1 avg 24 TDs 19 INTs 69.35 QB rating

TJ

306/524 58.4% 3,442 yards 6.6 avg 20 TDs 18 INTs 76.5 QB rating.

Most starting QBs don't play in the 4th preseason game. It's not Bret's idea. It's Chili's.

The NFL does not reward the hardest workers. It never will. I rewards those that give the team the best chance to win. That takes talant and hard work. Hard work helps but it's not everything. This isn't 4th grade gym class.

It's not Bret's idea. It's Chili's.

I would say right now most of the mind power on the Vike's, and especially offense, is coming from the Ziglar and Favray grin, with just a dash of Chilly mixed in!

Remind me again! Which Friday is Jackson supposed to be traded by? confused

Looks as no starters on Friday, so you second string junkies are going to get some eye candy and ammo to boost about wink :

Originally Posted By: Pioneer Press
Minnesota Vikings won't play starters against Dallas Cowboys

By Sean Jensen

Pioneer Press

Updated: 09/02/2009 04:23:28 PM CDT

Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress said he will not play his starters in the preseason finale Friday night at the Metrodome against the Dallas Cowboys.

Childress indicated that playing them for the opening series of the game — which many NFL head coaches do — isn't appealing to him.

"It's hard enough to lose 'em on regular football Sundays," Childress said. "That's my experience for that."

Childress said he will instead give his younger players who are fighting for roster spots a chance to state their cases.

"This is what these guys dream of doing," he said. "I want to make sure they put their best foot forward and give some of the younger guys an opportunity to play."

Asked if he's seen enough of Brett Favre, Childress said, "I think we'll get enough work out here (Thursday).

"We'll do a couple things with our starting group. Through the week next week, we'll be OK. I just don't see the upside of doing that any further. I thought he made a nice jump from week one to week two, showed he's got a good understanding of what we're doing."

Our head coach grin I am trying to get into Chilly, but this guy does not allow much of an access. I warmed up to Tice much quicker than I am Chilly. Although I agree with what he is saying he is doing this Friday, but it kinds of contradicts last Monday and what happened during the game. No mention of Favre's 3 quarter run? Maybe this will be the year I give respect to Chilly, but it is starting out slow.

I have grown to like Chilly, he isn't a textbook coach, and I think that is what I like, but the final ruling wont be out until I see what the play book consists of with a smarter QB behind center.

For me Chilly started with high hopes. Over the last couple seasons I just do not know. From his sideline presentation (lack there of)during the game, to how he handles the press after the game, what he says and does with players and failures has not (IMO) screamed out naming the next field/stadium after him. I will say though, this season is going to be one of the best seasons in years to watch the Vikes. I know many more are to thank, but I figure it was Chilly who greeted and picked Favre up at the terminal! grin P.R. for the Vike's, what a strong head chaoch would do, or just being told to do something as an errand boy is still out for debate.

but the final ruling wont be out until I see what the play book consists of with a smarter QB behind center

I do agree! It will be interesting to see, especially since the whole enchilada is being served up to Brett this year.

Originally Posted By: Pioneer Press
Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson says he'll take Brett Favre's advice about running more, using his athleticism

Favre told him to use his athleticism

By Sean Jensen

Pioneer Press.com

Updated: 09/02/2009 11:53:01 PM CDT

Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson hasn't talked to Brett Favre very much. But he's taking one bit of advice to heart.

During one exchange, Favre explained to Jackson that when he was a young player, in the early 1990s, that he liked to use his athleticism.

"He told me I should have run around a little bit more," Jackson recalled Wednesday. "He was saying when he was younger he wasn't as fast as me, as athletic as me, but he did a lot of running around, making plays."

Jackson said that was a refreshing perspective.

"He was one of the first people to tell me that," Jackson said. "My receivers didn't want to see me run around. They wanted to catch the ball.

"But I think that's what I should have done a lot more my first couple of years," Jackson said. "I don't know what I was thinking. But I won't let that happen again."

Jackson said he did regret not running more, noting that he may have stayed in the pocket too long.

For that reason, Jackson said, he isn't learning as much from Favre as one would expect.

"You can learn," he said, "but, at the same time, when you're your own player, you're your own player. You can't take everything from him. But you can learn some things from him, and try to incorporate it into your game."

For instance, Jackson said he can learn how Favre uses his eyes and reads defenses.

Meanwhile, Jackson said he isn't fretting about speculation that he could be traded.

"I don't know what God got planned for me," Jackson said. "For me to get traded? It is what it is. I really can't control it. I have to make the most of every opportunity I get, whether it's here or anywhere else.

"I'm not worried about it," he said. "I feel I got a great future in this league, whether it's here or anywhere else. So I'm fine."

Asked if he has asked the Vikings to trade him, Jackson said, "No".

"I will let it play out."

During Monday night's game in Houston, Jackson didn't look very pleased on the sideline late in the game.

Jackson said several people, including his mother, called asking him what was wrong.

"I was fine," said Jackson, who was 2 for 2 for 22 yards in his one series. "I was really in my own little world. I was over there thinking about some stuff."

Jackson said Monday's plan for the quarterbacks didn't go as planned, with Favre's series in the third quarter lasting much longer than expected.

Jackson says Harvin is fastest: Jackson said Percy Harvin is the fastest player on the team.

"A lot of guys would probably argue that," Jackson said, "but I've seen him, being a quarterback, compared to throwing to the other guys, (and) he's the fastest guy on the team, and probably the quickest guy on the team, too."

Running back Adrian Peterson took exception to that.

"T-Jack and Percy, you can't beat me," Peterson said. "We'll line up and we race 40 yard or 100 yards, if you beat me then, I can hand you the crown."

Asked if there will be a race, Peterson said, "Stay tuned."

Briefly: Vikings coach Brad Childress said he will not play his starters in the exhibition finale Friday night at the Metrodome against the Dallas Cowboys.

# Left tackle Bryant McKinnie did not participate in practice Wednesday and is believed to have a minor injury.

# Tight end Jim Kleinsasser returned to practice, at least in a limited capacity.

Staff writer Brian Murphy contributed to this report.

I still think Jackson has a future with the Vikings organization for another season. Even when Brett becomes head coach laugh

Most starting QBs don't play in the 4th preseason game. It's not Bret's idea. It's Chili's.

I guess the Romo will not play on friday so you are 100% correct.

Shoulda woulda coulda.... we are in tough sitiuation here if we only had known Favor was coming we would have not wasted the money on Often-Fails and our QB situation would be solid with T-Jack and Booty 2 and 3. Unfortuanely now with T-Jack starting to show his potential it's a tough situation to just give up on him now...

Inspite of what Jimmy says a lot of this will have to do with money and that means T-Jack may be the odd man out...

Sure would be nice to keep T-Jack around a while watching and learning from Favre for a season or two!

Haven't heard yet but I would assume it's Sages turn to start Friday? Hopefully he hasn't lost all hope knowing he's the 3rd man here for the time being. What a roller coaster for Sage going from a possible starting roll to what looks like 3rd team right now... Cruel Game!

So for all you that whined about TJ with his hat on backwards during the game. So what are comments to the Bert Royalty and allowing him to "skip" the final preseason game.

You don't see the problem with this?? This is where the schism is, for TJ that has worked his tail off FOR the Vikings the last 3 years and Bert to come in and not show up and get all the luxuries.

Jim I would gladly hold the clipboard for the Vikes, they might let you be the waterboy with all your in-depth knowledge. But in the end we would trade you and your boy Sage back to the Texans for some candy bars and powerade.

Glad to see you cant take reality.

Pot meet kettle. Reality LOL. From a guy whos tossing out Mannings numbers and comparing them to Jacksons as if the stats tell the whole story. Have you figured out yet why no other Jackson backers backed you up on that? Or as im guessing, its way over your head. You are so far removed from reality its bordering on unbelievable. My friend may be right after all, it does seem that you are simply playing devils advocate here. There is no way you actually believe what you put on this board.

Why won't you man up and put the top 20 QB's according to rating in 2008 up here statboy? Why is that? Is it because it shows that stats arent the whole story?

Shoulda woulda coulda.... we are in tough sitiuation here if we only had known Favor was coming we would have not wasted the money on Often-Fails and our QB situation would be solid with T-Jack and Booty 2 and 3. Unfortuanely now with T-Jack starting to show his potential it's a tough situation to just give up on him now...

Inspite of what Jimmy says a lot of this will have to do with money and that means T-Jack may be the odd man out...

Sure would be nice to keep T-Jack around a while watching and learning from Favre for a season or two!

Haven't heard yet but I would assume it's Sages turn to start Friday? Hopefully he hasn't lost all hope knowing he's the 3rd man here for the time being. What a roller coaster for Sage going from a possible starting roll to what looks like 3rd team right now... Cruel Game!

You are in complete denial if you think that reason #1 in a possible trade including Jackson is anything other than the vikings organization not believing he can be their starter in the future.

Your line about Sage doesnt need a comment, anyone living in reality knows what the real story is.....

Tice was a good coach, but he was too buddy/buddy with the players and let alot of stuff slide, that is what led to his canning, and will be the reason he won't be a head coach again in the NFL. With his size he should have been tougher and more disciplining with the players

man some of you guys are to funny...its common knowledge that starters don't normally play the last preseason game...that explains alot if you didn't know that.

lets hope we can move this guy soon!!

no one will ever listen to a guy that compares junksons stats to good qbs and thinks schisms happen because brett doesn't start in the final preseason game lmmfao...fishin you should be a writer for yahoo!

So how am I in denial??? Let me see, TJ puts up better stats then DMcnabb in a similar system with less to work with then Dmac? HMMmmmmm Then put his stats against the best QB in the game for his first 19 games and you get upset??? Its not like I pulled 19 random games...It was both of there first 19 games.

Jim, I do see you are not man enough to tackle the Mcnabb debate. Why is that?

I will give you one of the best stats for 2008.

Let me get this straight.

T-Jack has now been compared to Manning, McNabb, and Brady.

You've got to be kidding me.

hehe.gif

Let me get this straight.

T-Jack has now been compared to Manning, McNabb, and Brady.

No, that is not correct. His first 19 games are being compared to the first 19 games those other quarterbacks played. Stop distorting it.

There is no distortion at all.

It was easy to tell those other three had "it" even if their first 19 games may not have been so rosy. T-Jack on the other hand has never had "it" in 19 games and won't have "it" in 119 games. As they say, he has no football IQ. Athletic? Sure. But that means nothing.

So you can completely base this on 19 games. Gruden, Bud Grant, Phill Simms to name few must have zero football IQ. I never put him against Brady but that is a whole another debate.

The luxury of a QB being able to sit there first couple years behind a good QB. Romo, Rodgers,Cassel,Rivers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Steve Youngs first 19 games.....

267/501 53% Yards 3217 TDS 11 Ints 21 QB Rate 60

He was ruled a bust and the Bucs drafted Vinny T. and Young was then traded to the niners.

I bet most niner fans are glad they didn't pull the plug after 19 games!!

man some of you guys are to funny...its common knowledge that starters don't normally play the last preseason game...that explains a lot if you didn't know that.

Ya most starter QB's play the first three PS games in some fashion though and all days of training camp. I figured with how preseason went, first string would be playing at least a couple series, but then again we are talking about Favre here wink I guess though with 3 quarts just on Monday and then the last game being on a Friday now, that is pretty close. Chilly must have gotten Favre's signature that all is ok with our starting line wink Do we even have a starting defensive line this year? Do we need one? laugh

Still all in all, pretty pumped to watch this forth preseason game confusedwhistle . Always start game day off this way and when it comes down to it, bail grin

Speaking of bail! Is Booty's brother back on the street yet? laugh

Nothing like family when an NFL player grin Just be careful when you lend your car to your cousin's, brother's, sister's, mother's boyfriend for the afternoon wink

Quote:
Bud Light Presents: Real American Hero's

Real American Herrooo's!!!!

week18_afro.jpg

"Today! We Solute You Mr. Randy Moss!"

"Because of you, the Minnesota Viking's Fan has full knowledge of what Green Bay Packer's fans do to exiting vehicles carrying Viking's player's from Lambeau Field" Drop'em to their to their ankles!!!!

"From your dedicated yardage as a Viking, to the that stellar smile and actions during and after a Green Bay massacre" Go Ahead! No one will ever notice!!!

"When the game was on the line, your team mates, your state and your fans could count on you pulling those needed points threw to win the game?"Play when you want tooo!!!

"So crack open a nice, cold, Bud Light you gerrymandering mercenary of a wide receiver "you" and know when "they" need you, you will their!!!!"

"Bud Light, Anheuser-Busch,Bud Light , St.Louis Mo"

Ahhh grin , just imagine if our 2009-2010 "Dream Team" had the "Mauh" in the line up!

Quote:
You are in complete denial if you think that reason #1 in a possible trade including Jackson is anything other than the vikings organization not believing he can be their starter in the future.

Not surprising you'd take that ludicrous view of things. I understand you are clues-less on how things work in the NFL from a business side, not even your minions would believe what you are saying to be true. But as you have proved time and time again, redundantly, how open minded and rational you thinking are..... smile

So Jim if T-Jack was signed to a 9 million contract and Sage was restricted free-agent do you actually believe, no strike that you do believe it, that the Vikings would still trade or release T-Jack.... ?... If so ROTFLMAO!

Not even LIMIT who I understand can't side with me on this in an open forum would believe that STUPIDITY!

You guys are trying to read way too much into fishin58's stat comparison of T-Jack to those other QBs. Unless I missed it, nowhere did he say that T-Jack is as good as those guys or ever will be as good as them.

To compare T-Jack's stats to the stats of those other guys in their first hand full of games is actually very relevant in this discussion. True, there's way more to what's going on then just what the stats show. But when most of the T-Jack detractors here are essentially saying that he's a horrible QB and doesn't deserve an NFL roster spot, it shows that there will be no convincing you otherwise on the matter. Reason won't work. About the only thing that could MAYBE open your eyes a little bit is to look at stats. Do they not clearly show that he's not nearly as bad as the picture that is being painted here? That maybe he really is deserving of being an NFL QB?

If he was as bad as is being portrayed here, his STATS would be terrible, to back up what is being said about his decision making and other on field performances. No one here is saying he's the greatest. But if I was to take the word of the T-Jack haters here at face value, T-Jack would stack up with the worst QBs to ever put on a purple jersey. If this last statement is an accurate reflection of anyone's feelings, this says a lot about the credibility of these statements.

Aaron

IF T jack is so darn good then why haven't anybody been knocking doors down to get him???????

From what I here nobody wants him