• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

If i had never seen Sage play i might think different. The few people that i've talked to that had issues with Sage being QB all had the same thing in common, they knew nothing about him and admitted it. The people that i know at work and elsewhere that were happy when Sage was traded for? They had all seen Sage play.....

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

If i had never seen Sage play i might think different. The few people that i've talked to that had issues with Sage being QB all had the same thing in common, they knew nothing about him and admitted it. The people that i know at work and elsewhere that were happy when Sage was traded for? They had all seen Sage play.....

Now there's some quality scouting info --- the people that you know, that think the same way you do laugh

I still think Jackson has more potential than Sage. Obviously their contract status is different and probably favors keeping Sage ....... but long-term I still hope the Vikes don't give up on Jackson yet (let's not forget he's only been in the league for 3 seasons and only played for about 1 season, not many quarterbacks reach their potential with so little experience).

I agree about the limited amount of playing time, but I think what James is saying, and I also agree with, is that you can get a pretty good idea if the guy "gets it" or not. And even with the short amount of time he's been on the field it's apparent that T-Jack doesn't "get it". He looks lost all the time, no comprehension of clock management, happy feet, and poor throwing technique (I love his jump pass). Three, going on four, years has been plenty of time to see that his future potential is limited and now's the time to maybe get a mid round draft pick for him and improve the team in other ways, such as using that draft pick and others to move up in the draft, or use that draft pick in a free agent acquisition, etc.

If some other team believes he has the potential then let them have him. It's obvious the Vikings don't or they wouldn't have brought in a veteran like Sage and then on top of that, Favre.

I'm not a huge TJ fan, but to all the TJ naysayers, answer me this:

1) How many full seasons has he been with the Vikings?

2) How many total games has Jackson started?

3) How many games did Aaron Rodgers start his first 3 years as a packer?

Originally Posted By: koonie on T-Jack
We won't pay him starters money and some team will throw money at him thinking they can develop him into a viable starter.
Originally Posted By: james_walleye agreeing with koonie on T-Jack
of course some team is going to sign him and try to develop him, why would that be such breaking news??

All I can say is Double WOW!!!! Talk about an about face....from two of you now.

So you both NOW beleve other teams believe T-Jack can be a starting quality QB!!!!

That's not what you've been saying up until this post.

What do you say FG, you gonna jump ship too and admit NFL quality personnel dept's believe T-Jack can be developed into a starter too????

I guess it's just koonies and james_walleyes way of eating a little crow laugh

How about you FG?

You misunderstood son. I said some team will "think" they can develop him into a starting quarterback. You and 58 will be the one choking on crow not me. Nice try twisting my statement to fit your opinion. That usually is 58s m.o.

I don't want to see either one of them play this season.

Why the hell are we arguing about second/third string qbs anyway. wink

My guess is Booty will get his walking papers. TJack has some experience and knowledge of the system. Sage is familiar with the wco and has quite a bit of nfl experience. Unless some other team make a pretty solid offer(5th rounder or better) we might as well keep them both. There will be a Booty call and it won't be the good kind.

I think what James is saying, and I also agree with, is that you can get a pretty good idea if the guy "gets it" or not. And even with the short amount of time he's been on the field it's apparent that T-Jack doesn't "get it".

but why play a young kid for about a season plus a play-off game and then automatically dump him (and the playing time you invested in him) just because your 1-year quarterback ringer shows up????

Because he doesn't "get it". Or maybe I should have said "have it". Some players have it, some players don't, and it's usually easy to tell early on if they guy has what it takes to be a QB in the NFL.

T-Jack don't.

You could nurture this kid for 15 years and it won't matter. In all reality he should have never been given a NFL contract but someone thought they saw something in him. Well, the experiment failed and it's time to face the fact they were wrong. Time for T-Jack to find another profession.

I don't understand the bro-mance with this dud. I think people believe he's going to be the next Vick, Cunningham, or other mobile QB of the past and don't see beyond the fact that he's talentless. You could put any shmo off the street on the field and he may show you a glimpse of something 1 out of 50 times, but the rest of the time he's going to be clueless and look like he just stepped off a D-II football field, oh wait, that's T-Jack!

Fact 2: There is no WAY you can say that Junk will have a better career than Sage. Fact 3: Tell me in all honesty what he has shown all you Junk backers to make you all feel this way? Did you watch his old Division 2 games and think, wow this guy has what it takes? Or have you been watching the same guy I have for the past 3 years that has no clue at times? The same guy who FLOPPED horribly in the playoffs last year? The same guy who his team traded for another QB and THEN got another? It seems the ONLY people who think he will succeed are on this website. Flashes of potential are great, but being consistent is even better. And no, not once in this whole statement did I say Sage is a superior QB. So please keep the Sage stuff to yourselves. I know at least a few stats are going to be thrown out there. That is fine by me.

This is interesting?

Quote:
Tarvaris among top 5 backup QBs in NFL

By Editor on September 1, 2009 4:35 PM

Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson is ranked No. 4 among backup QBs in the NFL, according to Jeremy Green of Scouts, Inc.

"Some people might think this is a little high for him," Green says of Jackson. "Though he has not been a dominant starter, he has something a lot of backups these days don't have

-- experience in big-time situations. He is not as accurate as you would like, especially in the vertical passing game, but he can beat you in the short-to-intermediate area and he can pick up first downs by running."

Oakland's Jeff Garcia is ranked No. 1 followed by Dallas' Jon Kitna at No. 2 and San Diego's Billy Vollek at No. 3.

Former Vikings draft pick Tyler Thigpen of Kansas City is No. 6 in the rankings. Green Bay's Matt Flynn is last at No. 32.

-- Pioneer Press

I guess a person could read into this about five different ways.

Have stated it many many times. Look it up yourself.

Fact 2. TJ played at Alabama State, which is Division 1-AA.

And you better look around because outside of your "posse" or your friends "expert" analysis most people think TJ can have a good career. ASK Gruden. I think he knows more then most on thiis board.

So your basing this on his spot starts? Look up 95% of any QB in the league and let me know how they did there first 19 started games.

This is interesting?

Quote:

By Editor on September 1, 2009 4:35 PM

Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson is ranked No. 4 among backup QBs in the NFL, according to Jeremy Green of Scouts, Inc.

"Some people might think this is a little high for him," Green says of Jackson. "Though he has not been a dominant starter, he has something a lot of backups these days don't have

-- experience in big-time situations. He is not as accurate as you would like, especially in the vertical passing game, but he can beat you in the short-to-intermediate area and he can pick up first downs by running."

Oakland's Jeff Garcia is ranked No. 1 followed by Dallas' Jon Kitna at No. 2 and San Diego's Billy Vollek at No. 3.

Former Vikings draft pick Tyler Thigpen of Kansas City is No. 6 in the rankings. Green Bay's Matt Flynn is last at No. 32.

-- Pioneer Press

I guess a person could read into this about five different ways.

For starters......that Ground Sage isn't even on this list.

Just think, a month ago people were saying T-Jack should be the starter over Sage, and here he's listed as only the 4th best BACK UP?

baahahahahahahahaha

Riddle me this, how many 200 yard passing games does TJack have in his 3 seasons? He has started games in 3 different seasons, plus a playoff game. How many? 1. One. Another way to look at it, he has exactly 1 more 200 yard passing day in the NFL than I do. Now we arent talking 300 yards here. We are talking 200. I really havent seen much for glimpse's of potential. One day in Arizona if I remember correctly and there was at least one long pass. So it isnt as if he has carved up a bunch of defenses. I have never felt like he had the defense at his whim.

But wait, maybe asking him to pass against a defense that was ready for him is the problem. Oh, but the reality is, defenses were STACKED against the run HIS ENTIRE CAREER. Defenses said, "I double dog dare you to throw the ball against us. We will put 8 or 9 guys in the box." And how has TJack delivered? 1 day with 200 yards.

I laugh at the comparison to Aaron Rodgers. Hello....BRETT FAVRE was ahead of him! What a rediculous statement. But how many 200 yard games does Aaron have in his first 20 starts?????

cdawg...just remember who TJ had to throw to in the previous years. If TWILL catches 4-5 more passes (that clanked off of his chest) TJ has multiple games of 200 yards. You can say what you want about the firts 2 games last year. But you have to take into account the Shiancoe drops and Berrians turf toe.

Just for fun, remember these are FACTS.....against the best QB in the NFL today. And I know the first thing you will spout off about is the yards, but let me remind you, unless you forgot that the Vikes are a run first offense. I know most can comprehend that, but if you look at the yards per catch is .1 off.

Peyton Manning after his first 19 NFL starts:

394/692 56.9% 4,650 yards 6.7 avg 33 TDs 33 INTs 73.55 QB rating.

Tarvaris Jackson's career stats (after 19 NFL starts):

306/524 58.4% 3,442 yards 6.6 avg 20 TDs 18 INTs 76.5 QB rating.

cdawg...just remember who TJ had to throw to in the previous years. If TWILL catches 4-5 more passes (that clanked off of his chest) TJ has multiple games of 200 yards. You can say what you want about the firts 2 games last year. But you have to take into account the Shiancoe drops and Berrians turf toe.

Just for fun, remember these are FACTS.....against the best QB in the NFL today. And I know the first thing you will spout off about is the yards, but let me remind you, unless you forgot that the Vikes are a run first offense. I know most can comprehend that, but if you look at the yards per catch is .1 off.

Peyton Manning after his first 19 NFL starts:

394/692 56.9% 4,650 yards 6.7 avg 33 TDs 33 INTs 73.55 QB rating.

Tarvaris Jackson's career stats (after 19 NFL starts):

306/524 58.4% 3,442 yards 6.6 avg 20 TDs 18 INTs 76.5 QB rating.

And T-Jack is 10-9 in those 19 starts.

Yep it is, surprising how close the numbers are. Like I said, stack him up against many QBS in the leaugue. Peyton in my eyes is the best in the league TODAY. But if you look at his first 19 games many of you would have liked to have run him out of town too.

What a bunch of %$&#$. What is it with you and your #'s. Obviously, if that last post was serious...you're delusional at best.

TJ Predictions!

#4 in NFL backup/SS starting 2009 with the Viking!

#1 in NFL starters ending the 2010 with the Vikings!

NFL Hall of Fame by 2030 after a lengthy Vikings carrier and 4 Super Bowls wins in a Viking Jersey wink

Some more numbers for ya:

Reebok reported a 46% increase in #7 (Tarvaris "Rex" Jackson) Viking's jersey the last month, #2(Sage "Sacked" Rosenfels) jersey sales had dropped slightly and when asked about Booty's jersey, the Reebok representative had to make a phone call to see if they offer one yet.

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

s_rosenfels_081409_TOP.jpg

semipro-poster-big.jpg

I still think Rosenfels looks just like Will!

Like I said, these are facts. And you are delusional if you think this is any way twisted. These are there first 19 games started. It is not my fault you are tied up in your hate for TJ. fishorgolf in case you didnt know there 16 games in a season.

shack I get a kick out of the rosencopter/predator spoof on youtube. "Get to the choppa"

well at least we have put the TJack/Aaron Rodgers comparison to bed.

So, how was Manning's team compared to TJack's? By all accounts, the Vikes were supposed to be a playoff team or a super bowl contender every year. I dont think the Colts were.

The big difference is that in Manning, you saw glimpses of his potential. Lots of yards, stretches of great play, etc. With TJack, you just dont. A complete pass here, a jump pass INT there. Never have you seen him dominate, even against a team daring him to throw. In Manning, teams focussed on the PASSING game. Which means Manning has better stats against a team trying to stop him than TJack has a against a team daring him to throw. Not just daring, GIVING it to him. The next step for most of those teams was to completely NOT cover the wide receivers, that is how bad it was.

But heck, dont take my word for it. I wonder how the Vikes think of him. Oh yeah, they went out and got Sage. And then Brett.

"Posse"? Just because we see the obvious, and you are ho lding onto that one last hope that he CAN be good. Division 2, 1 AA, 3, whatever it was, it was against low caliber players(no offense to any of them as they do work their butts off just as hard). But I just don't see the positives about T-Junk.

NFL trades that need to happen before kickoff

Sept 2, 2009

10. QB Tarvaris Jackson to the Jaguars: The Jaguars are looking for backup help for David Garrard, and Brad Childress — after he begged Brett Favre to unretire — will do the right thing and give his former second-round pick Jackson another chance ... plus his freedom from the Favre shadow. It's not a big gamble, either, because Minnesota management has its money and reputation tied up in Sage Rosenfels as well.

T-Jack may very well have had a better carrier if Childress had handled this better. Very, VERY few quarterbacks can play at a decent level early in their NFL carrier. They are almost always better off sitting for a few years. Aaron Rodgers is a perfect example. If he was drafted higher and went to a bad team that needed production now, he wouldn't be nearly as good as he is. He was able to watch and learn from Favre for 4 years.

T-Jack played division II in college!!! There is no way this kid should have seen the field in the regular season for at least 3 years. The Vikings really did him a disservice.