• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

He held on to the ball!!! I thought Jackson was pouting also. Hat on sideways, sticker on his hat, tear in his eye.

Rosenfels is much smarter and better than Jackson.

My $.02. Not much I agree.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

We won't pay him starters money and some team will throw money at him thinking they can develop him into a viable starter.

WOW!!!!!

koonie, you think he's good enough for another team to think he's starting quality...WOW!!!!!

What do you have to say about that FG? I know you think koonie is the best football mind on the board.

How about you JW, what do you think about koonie's statement????

Don't take the bait guys. They're just being poor sports and poor losers about this.

Obviously T-Jack has beaten out Sage Often-Falls and is clearly the better QB and has a far superior upside and the team and anybody with a half a brain now knows this.

Unfortunately it's a business and when you SPEND OR WASTE 9 million on A BACK-UP they don't give you a mulligan or a do over.

And being T-Jack is a restricted free-agent it is still likely he won't be with us next year anyway. I just hope they can make it work and keep him around this year in-case Favre goes down. T-Jack is just a better fit in a back up role off the bench than Sage at this point obviously.

Other then the usual Poor sports aside who have had MORE EGG added to their face it on this, it is still some what reasonable to think Sage may be a better fit to lead the team from a starters standpoint he's plain Jane vanilla and if he just doesn't do anything stupid and can complete a few passes we may be able to get by with the defense and the running game. I personally would still take T-Jack just for the mobility and the command of the offense he has had not only of late but of course down the stretch last year "See NFL player of the week and eating crow threads".

Current contracts aside if Sage and T-Jack were equals as in, if both were free-agents. NOT one team in the NFL would take Sage over T-Jack if the decision had to be made today. PERIOD! Tough call for the orginization now knowing T-Jack is a better QB than Sage, so stay tuned we may to eat some cash and keep the better player!

Boy that Sage Often-Falls looked great again didn't he...LOL

Carry on Go Vikes!

There is no way this post was made in any seriousness....no possible way.....

Originally Posted By: koonie
We won't pay him starters money and some team will throw money at him thinking they can develop him into a viable starter.

WOW!!!!!

koonie, you think he's good enough for another team to think he's starting quality...WOW!!!!!

What do you have to say about that FG? I know you think koonie is the best football mind on the board.

How about you JW, what do you think about koonie's statement????

of course some team is going to sign him and try to develop him, why would that be such breaking news??

bite into a small chunk....I see jim picked up another member to his klan in nsider 13....

hey statboy, ur $.79 spinnerbaits are getting lonely and some random shoreline is waiting.

Originally Posted By: james_walleye agreeing with koonie on T-Jack
of course some team is going to sign him and try to develop him, why would that be such breaking news??

All I can say is Double WOW!!!! Talk about an about face....from two of you now.

So you both NOW beleve other teams believe T-Jack can be a starting quality QB!!!!

That's not what you've been saying up until this post.

What do you say FG, you gonna jump ship too and admit NFL quality personnel dept's believe T-Jack can be developed into a starter too????

I guess it's just koonies and james_walleyes way of eating a little crow laugh

How about you FG?

Figure since this thread is still going grin

Charley Walters predicts TJ gone by Friday again crazy !

Quote:
Looks like Vikings' Jackson is odd man out

By Charley Walters

Pioneer Press

Updated: 08/31/2009 11:47:33 PM CDT

It's a good bet the Vikings, now that Brett Favre has arrived, will try hard to trade backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson by the end of the week. smirk

It's also a good bet the Vikings won't be picky for what they ask for in return for Jackson, maybe even a sixth-round pick in next year's draft.

Regardless of how the Vikings fare this season, it's also a good bet they will have to find a way to climb up in the first round of next year's draft to choose their QB of the future.

Sage Rosenfels apparently will be Minnesota's starter in 2010. Favre, 39, despite a $13 million deal for next year, isn't expected back. The Vikings are expected to try to move up to select from among Texas' Colt McCoy, Oklahoma's Sam Bradford or Florida's Tim

Tebow, then let the rookie QB develop next season before competing for the starting job in 2011. That's the way it looks now.

Former Gophers football captain and academic All-American Justin Conzemius, who returns to KFAN-AM at 7:05 a.m. Thursdays for college football analysis, on the University of Minnesota team this season:

"The schedule is the toughest since my freshman year (1992), when we played San Jose State (Jeff Garcia was QB), 11th-ranked

Colorado (Kordell Stewart was QB, and Michael Westbrook was WR) and Pittsburgh (Alex Van Pelt was QB) in nonconference games. Eventually, we had to travel to No. 3 Michigan and No. 22 Ohio State.

"With 18 returning starters - the most in the Big Ten - this team needs to

Advertisement

finish 7-5 and might even be stronger with a couple of breaks."

Does Charley Walters moonlight for ESPN? In-love with Sage? Had a run in with TJ? Legally blind? Just drumming up a story to get on HSO's football forum? grin

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings today released kicker Taylor Mehlhaff, defensive back Derrick Roberson, running back Antone Smith and guard Nick Urban to get down to 75 players, the team's web site reported.

The next deadline for cuts is Saturday, when all NFL teams are required to trim their rosters to 53 players.

— Pioneer Press

He only has 3 more days! I guess whistle

Originally Posted By: koonie on T-Jack
Originally Posted By: james_walleye on T-Jack

All I can say is Double WOW!!!! Talk about an about face....from two of you now.

So you both NOW beleve other teams believe T-Jack can be a starting quality QB!!!!

That's not what you've been saying up until this post.

What do you say FG, you gonna jump ship too and admit NFL quality personnel dept's believe T-Jack can be developed into a starter too????

I guess it's just koonies and james_walleyes way of eating a little crow laugh

How about you FG?

Your turning around what is being said Rick. Of course teams will try, teams try to turn anyone they can into a starter. No one said they will succeed. And no one is saying he is going to be traded for to be anything but a backup.....

Figure since this thread is still going grin

Charley Walters predicts TJ gone by Friday again crazy !

Quote:
Looks like Vikings' Jackson is odd man out

By Charley Walters

Pioneer Press

Updated: 08/31/2009 11:47:33 PM CDT

It's a good bet the Vikings, now that Brett Favre has arrived, will try hard to trade backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson by the end of the week. smirk

It's also a good bet the Vikings won't be picky for what they ask for in return for Jackson, maybe even a sixth-round pick in next year's draft.

Regardless of how the Vikings fare this season, it's also a good bet they will have to find a way to climb up in the first round of next year's draft to choose their QB of the future.

Sage Rosenfels apparently will be Minnesota's starter in 2010. Favre, 39, despite a $13 million deal for next year, isn't expected back. The Vikings are expected to try to move up to select from among Texas' Colt McCoy, Oklahoma's Sam Bradford or Florida's Tim

Tebow, then let the rookie QB develop next season before competing for the starting job in 2011. That's the way it looks now.

Former Gophers football captain and academic All-American Justin Conzemius, who returns to KFAN-AM at 7:05 a.m. Thursdays for college football analysis, on the University of Minnesota team this season:

"The schedule is the toughest since my freshman year (1992), when we played San Jose State (Jeff Garcia was QB), 11th-ranked

Colorado (Kordell Stewart was QB, and Michael Westbrook was WR) and Pittsburgh (Alex Van Pelt was QB) in nonconference games. Eventually, we had to travel to No. 3 Michigan and No. 22 Ohio State.

"With 18 returning starters - the most in the Big Ten - this team needs to

Advertisement

finish 7-5 and might even be stronger with a couple of breaks."

Does Charley Walters moonlight for ESPN? In-love with Sage? Had a run in with TJ? Legally blind? Just drumming up a story to get on HSO's football forum? grin

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings today released kicker Taylor Mehlhaff, defensive back Derrick Roberson, running back Antone Smith and guard Nick Urban to get down to 75 players, the team's web site reported.

The next deadline for cuts is Saturday, when all NFL teams are required to trim their rosters to 53 players.

— Pioneer Press

He only has 3 more days! I guess whistle

What? If the vikings thought Jackson was their future why would they trade him? Its not as if hes going to command a huge contract next offseason....? If Jackson gave the vikings a better chance to win in 2010 why would they stick with Sage? Its not as if Sage has a giant contract....pretty modest and wouldnt be an issue when deciding who a starter would be.....

Because Sage makes a better back-up QB and they already spent a bunch at QB. Sage can start for a year and then give way. Jackson won't sit still for that. There are a few NFL teams (who have better football scouting dept's and film than you or I) that believe they can develop T-Jack into a starter according to you and koonie smile You should know that JW.

And is just me or does anyone else see this. confused

Who does Sage look like with a helmet on:

favre-purple_feature.jpg

willFerrell.jpg

This one also:

340x.jpg

If you look real hard, you can even see it in this image:

610x.jpg

Man I wish Will picked up on this and was still on SNL laugh He would play a great Sage R wink

Because Sage makes a better back-up QB and they already spent a bunch at QB. Sage can start for a year and then give way. Jackson won't sit still for that. There are a few NFL teams (who have better football scouting dept's and film than you or I) that believe they can develop T-Jack into a starter according to you and koonie smile You should know that JW.

Again, if the vikings thought Jackson could be what they wanted out of a starting QB in a year or 2 they wouldnt deal him.

Originally Posted By: gr8icefishinmind
Once again you spit stupid comments! AP is how old?? Allen is how old??? They r all young! I would rather have a team with a chance to compete for the next 5-10 years than go for it right now and then start all over again!! Plain stupid! Of course i would be happy with a superbowl this year with favre but after that i would rather have jackson under center than sage who has showed SLOW progress in his 8 years in the league!! The problem is that you don't understand that sage has been learning longer than t-jack and still doesn't have better stats than jackson does in 3 years of learning! Get real people!!

Yes, lets spend the next 8 years hoping Jackson develops, great plan.

When you are 5-11 you can take time to develop a QB. When your superbowl ready you don't set aside years to develop a QB. Yeah the vikings might be set for the next 5 years in most posistions. You don't say "lets develop Jackson for the next 3 years because we'll still be in good shape for 2 years". How long were the colts on top? Many years. They got to 1 superbowl. If you have what you think is a superbowl ready team you go for the throat because if you get there this year it might not happen again no matter what your talent level is. Give me a break, you don't throw away years with this caliber of a team developing a QB. Jackson has no clues of the nuances of being a QB. Go ahead and throw your stats out. If you've watched Sage play at all for the texans the last couple seasons you would have seen that Sage does have some of this. The texans signed Schaub to a big contract. He stinks it up, gets hurt, Sage relieves him, plays better than Schaub. But Schaub remains the starter because of the $$. Don't kid yourself, Sage the last couple years did enough to earn a starting job in the NFL. But people like gr8 wouldnt know this because its not on any statsheet.

It won't take 8 years to develop him.......but a qb coming out of college shouldn't be expected to get a team to a superbowl right away! Last years playoff game was a good experience for jackson! And i really don't think i have been a stat freak in this thread have I??? Good to know that you are a die hard texans fan and watched everygame they played with sage in the game!! You must really know what u r talking about! I could care less what he did for the texans.....he's a vike now and i really haven't been impressed with sage!! I still love your statsheet sentence cause it is complete nonsense! Keep tryin though!

LOL you don't care what he did with the texans? Why, because it shoots holes in your disliking for him?? LOL. You've admitted you've never seen him play, what a joke. Your making an assessment on 2 QB's, one of which you've only seen throw about 16 passes in this preseason? LOL, come on. And ya, i watch every game i can and i've seen him play a couple games in which he was tossed in the game in the 2nd half and brought the texans back from 21 points or more. He threw the ball well against defenses that knew he had to throw the ball. Jackson can't throw the ball against defenses who think the vikings will run. You don't have to have been a texan to watch Sage play, its called being a football fan. I can't help it if you've only watched the vikings play, thats not my fault.

Your right it might not take Jackson 8 years to develop. In 8 years he may have not developed yet!! Then what? YOU DON'T WASTE THE TALENT THE VIKINGS HAVE BY WAITING TO SEE IF A QB IS GOING TO DEVELOP!!!!

Every post you've made you've brought up stats buddy, you can't make an arguement without looking at stats. What you don't understand is that there are nuances to being a QB in the NFL and Jackson has shown to have NO knowledge of these. But again, you wouldnt know that because its not on a STATSHEET!.

So i had one post with stats out of about 20 posts....buddy! Just call me the stat guy cause all i do is spit stats! haha, good one! 16 passes is all i needed to see from sage......not impressed! He has game but I just wouldn't take him over jackson and what jackson can do in the NEAR future!

I am a football fan........but.......I do have a life as well!!

As far as my opinion goes (which doesn't count for much) Jackson's demeanor on the bench at the end of the game said enough. Nice team player, nice wanna-be leader; go sit on the end of the bench and pout. You have a chance to be part of a possble Super Bowl team and you'd think you'd show some class, your a man, a professional footabll QB, instead of looking like some milk-toast-momma's-boy.

I completly agree here. Get off your duppa and at least watch the game you lazy no good for nothing mother . . . . . . .

The thing that is funny is that more than likely neither sage or jackson will get to play this year! I love these threads......its always fun to fire people up on a matter that really won't matter! Favre is the man this year and possibly next year and you r right that T-jack will be gone and sage will also not get to play as the vikes will probably go get a different qb after favre retires...AGAIN!! All in fun! I'll make sure to get Sunday Ticket so i can be a couch potatoe and be an NFL know-it-all as well! wink

So i had one post with stats out of about 20 posts....buddy! Just call me the stat guy cause all i do is spit stats! haha, good one! 16 passes is all i needed to see from sage......not impressed! He has game but I just wouldn't take him over jackson and what jackson can do in the NEAR future!

I am a football fan........but.......I do have a life as well!!

16 passes in preseason is all u need to see? I think that says it all, thanks.

A wife, 2 kids, boat, bow, ect....you don't have to have zero life to have watched Sage play....sorry.

Couch potato...LOL...thats funny...now a person is a couch potato if hes seen Sage play. And you don't have to have had sunday ticket either, i don't and i've seen him play.....where do people come up with this stuff...?

Your arguement against Sage in every post you've made referenced his stats.! You've obviously seen or looked up stats on Sage to try to make an arguement against him ....why? Because you know nothing else about him.....

hey its banter and opinion, no ones right or wrong or we would be sitting in a front office. I just don't get how you can have such a strong opinion on a guy you've seen throw 16 preseason passes...

When the game opposite the vikings game is a texan/titans game and the texans erase a 28 point 2nd half deficit and a backup QB tosses 4 TD's in the 4th quarter, ya i started to pay attention to the guy a bit....

Well then you see he had 3 other games in which he came in and brought the texans back from 21 point deficits...and you start to think, maybe this guy should get a shot to start, because 4 times isnt coincidence. You see him play a few more times and you can see the guy can read a defense and plays pretty well on a team with no running game. You listen to Sirius NFL radio while driving down the road and you hear multiple radio personalities on there say a year ago "teams like the vikings and bucs should be trying to get their hands on this guy, he is ready to be a starter" which just backs up your thoughts that this guy could really help your team, and that he is a better option than Jackson.

Like you said, we all have different opinions on the situation and none of us really know jacksons potential or if sage can win games for us!! My opinion still leans towards jackson though!