• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

R u serious??? U don't think he looked good tonight even though he only played one series?? Ohhh wait........sage looked unreal tonight didn't he!?!? haha...get real!!! You think you know it all.......although you really know NOTHING and go by what the so called 'experts" claim to know! Jackson would be a much better #2 than sage would be! Even your so called experts said that tonight!!! Get rid of the looser(sage), actually....keep jackson and sage and get rid of the booty!!

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

I think with all they have put into T Jack since his draft, they should continue to mold him and to have a vet like Favre to guide him, even if he is only #2, that will only make him better for next year once Favre goes into retirement a 3rd time....

And what did sage do that looked so good???? He definetly looked better than sage tonight! But I hear ya......it will be fun to see the two battle it out next week!!!

Good call mike........it's nice to know someone here has a brain!!! Keep jackson.......he will be fine!!!

Good call mike........it's nice to know someone here has a brain!!! Keep jackson.......he will be fine!!!

Good call!

You guys must be pack rats by nature....you know the type that like to keep things around longer than necessary even though it is worthless and has no value thinking that it'll come in handy someday, while most people who know better would have thrown it to the curb long ago?

Exactly.....you don't give time to let things come together! Hey...lets sign favre for two years so we can have ONE decent year and get in the playoffs only to lose in the FIRST round....AGAIN! Plain stupid and a waste of a year! I hope he stays healthy and leads us as far as possible but it seems to be a waste of time and money for nothing! If anything, hopefully they hang on to T-Jack to watch favre and pick up a few things!!!

That is a great idea. Let T learn from him and trade Sage back. By next year, T may have learned a few tricks that'll help him take us deeper into the playoffs than he did this year.

With Sage's GREAT performance tonioght, the texans are probably crying over the fact that they let him go!!! haha

You should be happy the Vikings finally have an owner that wants to spend some money (unlike the Twins), realizing the team is peaking with it's current personnel and time waits for no one. Wasting time on developing a player (that will never develop) while your other players are in their prime isn't going to get it done. Peterson, Allen, Williams, Hutchinson, et al aren't getting any younger. The time to go is NOW, and bringing in an experienced QB, albeit an aged one, may be worth a shot to see how far it gets you.

Booty in 2011 grin!!

Yea Baby He's our future after Favre.

I can see them keeping Tjack for his mobility, but certainly not because of his leaderhsip ability.

I think either him or Booty will be gone.

Once again you spit stupid comments! AP is how old?? Allen is how old??? They r all young! I would rather have a team with a chance to compete for the next 5-10 years than go for it right now and then start all over again!! Plain stupid! Of course i would be happy with a superbowl this year with favre but after that i would rather have jackson under center than sage who has showed SLOW progress in his 8 years in the league!! The problem is that you don't understand that sage has been learning longer than t-jack and still doesn't have better stats than jackson does in 3 years of learning! Get real people!!

You really think that Mule? I think it'll be a competition between T Jack and Sage.

No I dont really care who stays or goes, i'm just on a high watching a future hall of famer run our team up and down the field and scoring at will (with the exception of all the penalties).

With all these weapons we have this season we should be unstoppable wink

oh yeah...kevin williams is still a young gun as well and no where near their prime!!! If they reach their prime by their mid to late 20's that is really sad

I'm just looking forward to listening to us in the playoffs on the radio while I'm out sitting in the ice house. Football and fishing, can it get much better?

Yea, I hope I'm watching the vikes in late January from the fish house as well.

Truthfully, I dont know what favres stats were, but it was sure nice to see the ball get to the receivers. I was just acustomed to last year where it was thrown at their feet or over their head. grin

I think with all they have put into T Jack since his draft, they should continue to mold him and to have a vet like Favre to guide him, even if he is only #2, that will only make him better for next year once Favre goes into retirement a 3rd time....

It's not like we are gonna sign TJack next year. I'm fine with him being the backup but you won't see him around next year. We won't pay him starters money and some sucker(team) will throw money at him thinking they can develop him into a viable starter.

Of course we could sign him to a ten year contract and keep developing him just to keep gr8 and the other fanboys and girls happy.

Once again you spit stupid comments! AP is how old?? Allen is how old??? They r all young! I would rather have a team with a chance to compete for the next 5-10 years than go for it right now and then start all over again!! Plain stupid! Of course i would be happy with a superbowl this year with favre but after that i would rather have jackson under center than sage who has showed SLOW progress in his 8 years in the league!! The problem is that you don't understand that sage has been learning longer than t-jack and still doesn't have better stats than jackson does in 3 years of learning! Get real people!!

Yes, lets spend the next 8 years hoping Jackson develops, great plan.

When you are 5-11 you can take time to develop a QB. When your superbowl ready you don't set aside years to develop a QB. Yeah the vikings might be set for the next 5 years in most posistions. You don't say "lets develop Jackson for the next 3 years because we'll still be in good shape for 2 years". How long were the colts on top? Many years. They got to 1 superbowl. If you have what you think is a superbowl ready team you go for the throat because if you get there this year it might not happen again no matter what your talent level is. Give me a break, you don't throw away years with this caliber of a team developing a QB. Jackson has no clues of the nuances of being a QB. Go ahead and throw your stats out. If you've watched Sage play at all for the texans the last couple seasons you would have seen that Sage does have some of this. The texans signed Schaub to a big contract. He stinks it up, gets hurt, Sage relieves him, plays better than Schaub. But Schaub remains the starter because of the $$. Don't kid yourself, Sage the last couple years did enough to earn a starting job in the NFL. But people like gr8 wouldnt know this because its not on any statsheet.

As far as my opinion goes (which doesn't count for much) Jackson's demeanor on the bench at the end of the game said enough. Nice team player, nice wanna-be leader; go sit on the end of the bench and pout. You have a chance to be part of a possble Super Bowl team and you'd think you'd show some class, your a man, a professional footabll QB, instead of looking like some milk-toast-momma's-boy.

I'm guessing that won't sit well with coaches and other veteran players.

Don't take the bait guys. They're just being poor sports and poor losers about this.

Obviously T-Jack has beaten out Sage Often-Falls and is clearly the better QB and has a far superior upside and the team and anybody with a half a brain now knows this.

Unfortunately it's a business and when you SPEND OR WASTE 9 million on A BACK-UP they don't give you a mulligan or a do over.

And being T-Jack is a restricted free-agent it is still likely he won't be with us next year anyway. I just hope they can make it work and keep him around this year in-case Favre goes down. T-Jack is just a better fit in a back up role off the bench than Sage at this point obviously.

Other then the usual Poor sports aside who have had MORE EGG added to their face it on this, it is still some what reasonable to think Sage may be a better fit to lead the team from a starters standpoint he's plain Jane vanilla and if he just doesn't do anything stupid and can complete a few passes we may be able to get by with the defense and the running game. I personally would still take T-Jack just for the mobility and the command of the offense he has had not only of late but of course down the stretch last year "See NFL player of the week and eating crow threads".

Current contracts aside if Sage and T-Jack were equals as in, if both were free-agents. NOT one team in the NFL would take Sage over T-Jack if the decision had to be made today. PERIOD! Tough call for the orginization now knowing T-Jack is a better QB than Sage, so stay tuned we may to eat some cash and keep the better player!

Boy that Sage Often-Falls looked great again didn't he...LOL

Carry on Go Vikes!

I hope your kidding about the demeanor thing that's about as ridiculous of take that I've heard since I was at Rube-Chat 5 minutes ago...then again you guys are desperate after T-Jacks performance of late so not surprising I guess... Good Grief!

I'm not knocking Jackson's on-field performance, thats just fine. Even though I don't think either one could lead a team all the way to the promesed land at this point in their careers. I'm just saying he looked like baby at the end of the game.

T-Jack is OBVIOUSLY better?

Better at what? Looking confused and lost? Not knowing what to do in a 2 minute offense? I guess you're right, he's got Sage beat on both accounts and then some.

Talk about upside....anyone who wears his hat like that needs to be smacked UPSIDE the head!

THEY must be vegetarians pier.....they are some stubborn swedes that is for sure wink Just the put the crow next to some carrots and wash it down.

TJ has done verything right on and off the field (as far as working hard and keeping his nose clean)

But now your worried about how he wears his hat???

I wasn't convinced that Sage was better than T-Jack until I saw how T-Jack wore his hat. Clearly, by this hat wearing display, T-Jack doesn't get it....

Have the camera on a player all game and it's really easy to get a shot to spin a story in whatever direction you want. How you can take anything from that camera shot is pretty funny. Only the T-Jack detractors would interpret it the way it's being portrayed. I'm not too worried about T-Jack looking like he's not engrossed in the 4th quarter of a pre-season game where he knows he won't be seeing anymore action.

I wonder how the fans were looking at that point in the game and what we can read into that.

Aaron