• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

You are right about the phone Del.

My old, cheap Nokia worked much better then my more expensive Sony does!

Cliff

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• delcecchi

• shamrock7

• SledNeck

• Cliff Wagenbach

All Verizon users need to call Verizon and tell them that since AT&T has a tower now, you will be switching. That may get Verizon to get on the tower.

Yes I agree and that's what I did but they don't want to say where the towers are( they make it sound like all towers are all theirs) and don't want to say where they are as any one inquiring may be a TERRORISTS.

Yes I think it would help for all Verizon users to contact them and let them know we may change since WE WANT CELL PHONE SERVICE ON THE BIG V.

Is U.S.cellular availible around there? i bring my phone with me and it works good up there, my buddy has verizon and isnt very happy with it,here or there.

I was not able to attend the township meeting but am very disappointed to hear of the unanimous posthumous approval.

My father, in 1975, hauled logs over the ice to an island, and started to build a log cabin using nothing more than hand tools and chain saws, and the help of a few good friends. The cabin was nearly completed that winter when he fell ill and tragically died late that spring. Fortunately the cabin was finished shortly thereafter and our family has been using the cabin ever since. Needless to say the cabin and lake hold a very special place in our hearts.

Our property is on Frazer Bay and we have all too good of a view of the new tower. I am beginning to feel I am in the minority opinion here, but, I strongly feel the Greenwood Township dropped the ball big time on this matter and paid a huge disservice to its constituents. To me the tower is more than just a minor eyesore, it is an assault on the beauty and splendor of this magnificent lake. I am not one who is opposed to innovation, development, and modernization, but I do feel development and modernization should be measured, sensitive to place and the aesthetics of location. It is the Townships duty to provide this balance, to preserve the natural beauty of this lake.

It seems the township and residents were both railroaded on this issue. The tactics of the cell tower company were keenly and successfully deployed.... Get streamlined approval from the county, quickly build the tower, then deploy well versed professional advocacy after resistance develops.

It is quite obvious to me that council's vote that evening was not a vote on granting permission to build a 400foot tall tower with blinking lights .25miles from the lake, visible from as far away as Niles Bay....... but rather a vote on weather a tower that provides a very valuable service, possibly life saving, should be removed. It simply should not have come to that. I would hope to believe that if it were the other way around, another solution could have been worked.