• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I went to Elysian with my boat last week. Fished almost the whole lakeshore with floating raps and never had a bite. Didn't see anyone catch one on shore with live bait.

I was close enough to cast to shore was that to close?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Otter

• zepman

• Scott M

• abcnerdd

Went to the MN River on the edge of St. Peter. Got one 14 inch sauger in about 2 hours yesterday afternoon. Didnt end up trekking over to Elysian. Just not enough time.

Knutty

• 2 weeks later...

saw a few huts out on Elysian this afternoon, looking for ice report. Thanks

2 - 6" in almost all locations and relatively solid.

has anyone been crazy or brave enough to go out on Elysain yet? if so hows the ice and where bouts u go?

has anyone been crazy or brave enough to go out on Elysain yet? if so hows the ice and where bouts u go?

Been portables out there since 12-5-09.

Originally Posted By: Sassyshad

Been portables out there since 12-5-09.

ok well any idea how much ice?

Anyone been catching anything out there yet? And are most people straight out of the landing just east of town?

Yes, 5 - 9" is accurate in most places but there is still some 2 - 4" stuff out there.

2" still? I would sure think that after the past couple nights, there wouldn't be much <4" stuff out there. Maybe I'm wrong.

I haven't been on Elysian but on some other area lakes I've found some huge varience in ice, not sure if it was from the strong winds/snow cover or current/springs. One lake had up to 18" of frozen slush with only a few inches of ice and a few yards away there was 10" of good ice, as well as a spot with only 4".

It's still early ice and by no means stable.

We found 9" under the snow & 12" on the bare ice!Nice to be out on the ice & not have to worry to mutch about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone one been out there how is the travel pretty easy going are there roads plowed or is the snow pretty passable. A guy I work with said one of his friends has a house out there and they have been getting a few eyes just wondering if anyone has been out there and how they did. I myself have never fished and was just looking for a little info on were to go or to start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard (through the grapevine) that the O2 was tested recently and it was down to 3.2 ppm. Last week it was at 6. Dropping fast!

That must be on the end opposite the aeration system.

There is one on each side. I wonder who took those readings? Can anyone confirm any of this?