• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stick em With a Fork!!

zepman

Leech,

I don't know but I am guessing you draw about the same number of fans as we do. I know tix prices are about the same. I can't help where I live anymore than you can but give me a break. Your ownership, NOT JUST CARL, may he RIP, are a bunch of penny pinching cheapskates who continue to put one by you clueless fans. You should be outraged, not take pride, in the fact that you put such a good team out there year after year only to fall short because your ownership won't do what is necessary to win. Again, ITS NOT YOUR MONEY, NOR IS IT MINE unless you own stock in the Twinks.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• SledNeck

• Jim Panfish Uran

• genegodawa

Rundrave,

Thanks for making my point for me! Kenny is pi$$ed off and won't stand for a mediocre team and he is WILLING to spend the extra dollars it takes. The Twinks would be a powerful team if they had ownership like the Sox do and a GM like Kenny Williams who is not afraid to pull the trigger. Instead you have a bunch of penny pinching skin flints who won't spend the extra money that it takes to put their team over the top and who let the taxpayers build them a new stadium that might have the largest number of games called due to Snow Outs in the history of baseball. If you build it....they will come! Don't bother filling the payroll up with the necessary tools to put team over the top, just keep pinching those pennies. Don't worry about the fans, they take some sort of weird pride in coming close with half the tools, not succeeding but coming close! Here's to another 2nd or 3rd place Twinkie team in 09!

Twins have better attendance this year than the white sox...

how can that happen?

Oh yeah, and what day was DA bears playoff game on last year.. missed it.

If the Twinks have better attendance than the Sox then they should be able to afford the pieces of the puzzle necessary to win the division. YOU JUST KEEP MAKING MY POINT! This is TOO EASY! You should be shouting at the top of your lungs for the Twinks management team to grow a pair and step up to the plate, instead you still relish in how well the Twinks can do with half the resources of other teams. How much has your personal bank account been affected by the Twinks better attendance this year over the Sox? Mine has not changed a lick!

MJ,

Please talk some sense into your boyz up there in the land of 10,000 lakes!

Well I must admit, this is an entertaining thread that has centered around 2 teams that are going NOWHERE! If the forks are already in the mail for Twins fans, then I would expect the SouthSide to receive their UPS tracking numbers soon.

Assuming Chi-town somehow passes the Tigers, they have little chance to beat Texas, Boston, New York, or Anaheim. I am continually amazed at Windy's optimism from Comiskey. The expansive view accross the Dan Ryan Expressway can be so bleak.

Well when you have little to work with to begin with, he has to jump on something. He knows his sux are going nowhere also.

I assume no one listens to him in sux land. laughgringrinwink

Windy, they have a lot of passion and like to win the hard way. Little train that could. It's their opinion, gotta respect that I quess. There has to be a happy medium, like signing 1 or 2 stud free agents a season. Haven't been to Cass this year, but enjoy your posts.

Mj? Are you a closet Sox fan?? smile !!!

We have plenty of passion and respect for the way the Twins play the game, heck, even Guillen knows we play it the right way. I still can't believe with all of that money they spend, they are a .500 team with one Ring over the last 10,000 years.

Neither one (Sox or Twins) will make the post season this year, I am at peace with that. I am also at peace with the fact the Tigers won't make it past the first round. At this point in the season I am more interested in the fact that the Rangers could make the Wild Card and send the Red Sox packing. That and the fact the Marlins and Rockies are having great seasons are the stories in baseball this year.

Ron Washington- AL manager of the year

Jim Tracy- NL manager of the year

Solbes,

I was only reacting to the droves of Twinkie lovers who are ready to throw in the towel with a ton of games left and only being 4 or 5 games out, it just blows my mind how fair weather they can be. I was just injecting a bit of humor about the forks, I did not create this thread, but I have to admit that I am enjoying the heck out of it! LOL

There is another fellow down there in Ch-town, that used to play baseball up here, that seems to get under the Twins fans just like Windy.

Keep up the ribbing, most of us know it is all internet trash talking. Just remember where you spend your money in the summer. laughlaughgrin

Not a sox fan, except AJ, "the heart and soul of this team back when". I'm just saying if we spend the right $ on the right players with our way of doing things, every team in this division is irrevelant. Sorry Windy, but if we would do that here, your looking at 2nd place at best every year. And I like Windy!

OK Ude, not to defend W'bag, but I gotta step on this one: so you've never had a vac trip to Chi-town? Probably not 30 in 35 yrs like I visit Cass, but it would take you 30 to see all Chi-town has to offer.....but if you wanna see a WSox game, bring your bodyguard (which W'bag is sure to remind me now that the last shooting was outside WField). You make a trip here and I'll be your guide and I bet Windy would gladly join us.

Solbes,

I was only reacting to the droves of Twinkie lovers who are ready to throw in the towel with a ton of games left and only being 4 or 5 games out, it just blows my mind how fair weather they can be. I was just injecting a bit of humor about the forks, I did not create this thread, but I have to admit that I am enjoying the heck out of it! LOL

I completely get it. A little internet banter makes it more fun, just had to zing you on the wonderful view past the outfield from home plate. I have little love for your team and your catcher in particular, but I have a completely different view of your city. Love coming to Chicago every once in awhile.

Back to baseball. Unfortunatley the Twins do not show much promise, and neither does the rest of our division. Very strange year. Go... Rangers ?!?

OK Ude, not to defend W'bag, but I gotta step on this one: so you've never had a vac trip to Chi-town? Probably not 30 in 35 yrs like I visit Cass, but it would take you 30 to see all Chi-town has to offer.....but if you wanna see a WSox game, bring your bodyguard (which W'bag is sure to remind me now that the last shooting was outside WField). You make a trip here and I'll be your guide and I bet Windy would gladly join us.

I wanted to see Wrigley last time I was in town, but they were out of town. Went to Comiskey again and was reminded why I paid extra to park at the ballpark.

Geno...been to Navy Peir, went to bootcamp at Great Lakes.

My nephew and his family live in Greyslake..oh wait, they are Twins fans.

My son works in Gurnee. Oops also a Twins fan. Our family does visit Chi-town quite often. I appreciate the offer and the fact that you and Windy enjoy your vacations up here. smilecool

Oh by the way people..only 5 1/2 out now. I hear the train a coming!!! grin

Geno...been to Navy Peir, went to bootcamp at Great Lakes.

My nephew and his family live in Greyslake..oh wait, they are Twins fans.

My son works in Gurnee. Oops also a Twins fan. Our family does visit Chi-town quite often. I appreciate the offer and the fact that you and Windy enjoy your vacations up here. smilecool

Oh by the way people..only 5 1/2 out now. I hear the train a coming!!! grin

I went to Great Lakes for boot, too. Went to "A" school there as well. Hung out at the Gurnee Mills Mall all the time, and went down into the city all the time as well. Chicago is a great town, no doubt about it. But the White Sox stink.

Yeah they stink!!! Don'y worry Windbag! I know it just makes things more intersting to duke it out and let everyone throw there wrench in along the way! But it's fun picking on a pitiful White Sox fan laughlaugh

Just when you're out they suck you back in. 4 games out...I still don't think they have the horses. Kind of pathetic that all they can muster this year is 4 in a row. Change that tomorrow night?

Hey, what the heck are all these forks I am getting back in the mail? LOL

Give a team a little 4 game win streak and everybody is back on the band wagon. I have a feeling there will be many who are on, then off, then on, then off........LOL

I will stick with the Twins, win or lose. Whether or not they win the division, go to the playoffs or blow it completely. I have a few forks I can send down to Chicago when the Suxs blow it in the end also. Or maybe over to Detroit when the kitties finally spill their litter box.

• 3 months later...

You are right Sled, we should gain a pretty good idea of how a star starting quarterback is going to perform in 16 real season games and the playoffs from a few meaningless quarters in the first preseason game of the year. You are right! Do you think that they might give us Kyle Orton back if we ship Cuttler back?

Sled, your wisdom baffles me sometimes!