• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stick em With a Fork!!

zepman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• SledNeck

• Jim Panfish Uran

• genegodawa

NEVER!....

Are the Twins done...

Nor is Mauer going anywhere....

I am Concerned we may not be the best team in the division again this year..

Vent on it's good therapy.. smile

I agree. There's no way the Twins will catch Detroit this year with starters not getting out of the first inning.

The opera lady isn't signing yet, and the magic number still isn't zero. The last I heard, Mauer hasn't been traded and is still under contract with the Twins.

It's all in the pitching. Shaver said Twins ERA is over six since the all star break. Not going to win many games with that, unless your lineup looks like the Yankees.

I have to believe that the pitching will return to a point. But the whole staff needs some consistency before we start putting wins in a string.

I'll be watching them until the last day of the season, but.... our chances are bleak. If it was only one team in front of us, that might allow for more hope, but two teams? It's not looking good. There is always a miracle chance though.

Absolutly frustrating. Mauer and morneau are having the best year of their young careers. Kubel has been having an above average year. Cuddyer is starting to play well.We made the move to get cabrera and he has been hitting the ball hard. But then we have the pitching staff, oh man i cant believe after this year they can even consider them self pro ball players. It is sad to watch the offense put up numbers that should win you games with decent pitchers, but instead the pitchers give up huge numbers.

Let's hope that Pavano's next trip to the mound is a repeat of his last performance. Not to mention having a little influence on the others in the pitching rotation.

I'm not throwing in the towel yet. Detroit and Chicago can be caught. All it takes is a good winning streak. (Easier said than done, I admit.) We have the hitting, just need the pitchers to wake up. IMO

Yes - makes you wonder what a veteran presence in the starting rotation from the get-go might have done.

One thing I have to laugh about is before the game they showed the Twins, Tigers and Sox remaining schedule and said the Twins have the easier road because they are playing less contending teams then the other two- then the Royals put up a 12 spot on us.

I don't think we're out yet, but I agree its not looking good. BUT i've seen crazier things in baseball which is what makes the game so great. I think the big problem is that everything got hyped up too much after last year. With slowey out for good (arguably the best pitcher on the staff at that time) and lirano not carrying over a great 2nd half last year the bullpen gets taxed too much and arms are starting to get tired now. Once our rotation matures some more I think we'll have a couple great years.

I'll be most interested in seeing if young continues to improve. He seems to be heating up a little now. I'm sure its been debated to death already, but i think he is and will be better than gomez who should still be in the minors. He was rushed in too soon just to highlight that we did get something for santana and didn't blow that too... cry

Zelmsdawg

Oh, and while team ERA has been over 6 since the break, i think so has been the average runs scored by the twins if anyone is looking for some silver lining

Zelmsdawg

It's NOT over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pear Harbor?... wink

Still watching 'em though, I don't think we're going to do it this year boys, but you never know.

Pitching, pitching, pitching. We needs it.

5 games out with many left isn't out but they sure are going to have to turn it around fairly soon. I hate to admit it but almost think that them continuing their slide is the only way there is a chance that they at least consider some upgrades in the offseason.

if they keep it close it will be just like last year I'm afraid they will think that they were so close and just need a few breaks and things will turn around. A few breaks might get them the division but they would really need a ton of them to win a playoff series on the road versus the yankees or angels (actually it would probably take nothing short of a miracle to beat the yankees in a playoff series.)

Amazing how 1 loss can turn peoples thinking around. Yes we did not look good last nite, and yes we have issues with our pitching staff, however that is why they play 162 games. A lot of games left within the division. YES it is time to turn it up a notch, but like said only 5 games out.

Question, if the Twins were up by 5 games would you be worried. I would hope the answer is yes, as are the Sux and the Kitties. They are not sitting back, thinking it is all over. They know better.

Stay Upbeat, and PETER POSITIVE........

all of our pitching sucks except for nathan. if we had consisten pitching throughout the year we'd be in first place in the division right now.

someone needs to light a fire under our pitching staff, they are the sole reason for this.

The tax payers are helping pay for a new stadium, they (Twins)could dig into their pockets a little deeper and bring in some experience for the mound.

The front office knows who stays and who needs to go. They need to swallow their pride and trim the fat that hasn't produced.

Amazing how 1 loss can turn peoples thinking around. Yes we did not look good last nite, and yes we have issues with our pitching staff, however that is why they play 162 games. A lot of games left within the division. YES it is time to turn it up a notch, but like said only 5 games out.

Question, if the Twins were up by 5 games would you be worried. I would hope the answer is yes, as are the Sux and the Kitties. They are not sitting back, thinking it is all over. They know better.

Stay Upbeat, and PETER POSITIVE........

Hate to tell you this but they've lost a few more than one game lately.

The only thing going for the twins is that the division is so mediocre so a hot streak here and a cold streak in Chi and Detroit could put us in the lead, but they would be one and done in the playoffs. But what do I know, I said keep Buscher at 3rd grin

Everybody keeps talking about veteran arms needed. Most of these guys are veterans. What we need is good pitchers and most of the starting pitchers have marginal talent with no out pitches. Have you seen Baker, Blackburn, Perkins or the rest sit and try to finesse an out all the while the batter keeps fouling off pitches? These guys aren't overpowering in the least. They don't need to throw 100 mph but at least have the ability to locate a 90 mph fastball on a corner, high or low. When was the last time you saw Mauer set up one way and the pitches end up all over the place. They need to clean house and try to locate some quality young or veteran pitchers who have the ability and confidence to get people out. And while we are at it, how about a quality second and third baseman that can provide some quality at bats.

Here is the deal. This offseason they BETTER spend some money and bring in some talent to go with M&M. If they do not, I really, REALLY think they will see a significant fan backlash. As I have said before, you put a superion product on the field, I will go. If you dont, I wont. If the Twins wanna play the "it is a business" game, i will too. It is a business and until you put out a superior product or at least really try, I am losing interest.

I agree,

I mean they don't have to win the world series every year but put a competitive, fun to watch team out there. To watch these pitchers get the ball back from the catcher, rub the ball, walk off the mound, take off their cap and rub their head then finally get back on the mound and throw some meat down the center of the plate. I've played behind pitchers like this and it drives you crazy not to mention making a 2 hour game into 4 hours. Just unbelievable.

Go root for the Sox than!!! laugh

look at the teams they buy every year! They really don't finish much better than us, or worse most of the time. We just have to realize we are one of the teams can only spend so much. Every 4-5 years we will have a bad team, and even than we are still in contention. It's fence jumping fans that don't support out team that cause the low revenue, and hence the low payroll!!!

Ya I know we have not been good in the last 10. Hey I am not saying we don't have issues, but they can be worked out and hopefully the pitchers get back on track. They have b-4 and we have looked good , just not right now. And yes the clock is tickin, but 5 games are not that much and things can change in a week.

I wish that Harris would have been in the game and he should have been in position to turn that double play that Cabrea started. We used to run that play a couple of times a year and it does work if everyone is in there proper position. Harris should have been pulled right there and then. God he looked stupid, and I was yelling at the TV.

Bring back Neikro!, G.M. Smith got burned with Garza and Bartlett I say move on. At my work if you screw up you learn but do not stop trying. I thought the Twins had a scouting staff? are they not seeing anyone they would like or is the all mighty dollar getting in the way? Perhaps Carls kid is cheaper then pops. my bad, not a good thought

Leechbait,

I'm not a homer, or root for the home team.

I'm a fan of sports, not of the home team. Most of the time I enjoy a good college game or high school game for that matter over a pro game.

I find it hilarious that some people, maybe yourself,that attach themselves to the local pro team and refer to them as us. Having said that, I still would like the Twins to do well, or the Vikings, The Wild or Wolves, (not much of a chance that is going to happen,) for that matter. I like to watch sports in general for the beauty of the game and right now the Twins are playing ugly.