• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The thread was started to raise awareness. Most of the FM'ers are truely classy people and i have a lot of respect for.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bowser

• Duffman

• walleye101

• HwthaMatt

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

My condolences Mr & Mrs. Bowser and Family.

I feel for you. I know my wife and I would be grieving big time right now if we were in your shoes.

Rick,

I assume it was you who cleaned this post up to get rid of the bickering that has taken place. If so, Thank you. We truely need to use this time to reflect and heal, not defend ourselves. I am sincerely impressed with the compassion that most have showed. To some people a dog is just a dog. To our family, and it sounds like many of you also, that our dog was a very big part of our family. We would make her a cake on her b-day and would have presents for her at X-mas time. We got her when my oldest son was 6 and he has spent many hours with her playing and hunting. He is now 16. She was truely a blessing to our family and will be a hard one to replace someday.

Losing a loved one is never easy.

And thats exactly what she is to your family. A loved one.

I am sorry for your loss. And happy to hear that your son was not hurt.

Bowser, you put presents under the Christmas tree also.

We did too for our chocolate lab we lost a while back.

You sharing brings back many memories. Tearful and bitter sweet they maybe I am grateful for them.

Thankyou for sharing with us.

I don't know if you have ever seen this but it helped me when I lost my old friend to cancer.

NOW I MUST GO

Send me to the Bridge I pray

when I no longer run and play.

When my limbs can't bear my weight

and dignity is stripped by fate.

Look into my eyes, you'll find

I will let you know, it's time.

You must help me from this edge.

Now it's time, I make this pledge.

I leave you for the Bridge today.

Anew, I run, I bark, I play!

We shared a life of many things

and to your heart my leaving brings;

the pain of loss, I feel it too,

but Master, know, this I must do.

I must leave first, to make the way

for you to follow me someday.

Beyond the sunset, where all pain ends we'll meet again, the best of friends.

Just as I snuggled in your heart,

you're in mine too, we aren't apart.

I watch you from afar and pray,

it's time to heal, heal some each day.

Please dry those tears and smile for me, and know at last that I am free. There is no pain or suffering here.

The sun shines brightly everywhere.

There isn't even one cross look,

it's not allowed here in His book.

No clouds of gray will gather here,

no storms will ever threaten.

We are at peace here,

and the Bridge is Heaven.

man thats sad to hear! its a wosre feeling than loosing your girl friend it never seems to go away and everythign you do reminds you of that pet.. did she have puppies??

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost a hunting dog approx 10 years ago and yes, it was like losing a family member.

I never thought I would get over it but I still look at the pictures I have of him framed and cherish the days we had together.

Time does heal all wounds and try to remember all the great times together.

I have a little cocker as a house dog that is 13 and starting to slip a bit. It will be another very tough day when I have to put her down. Even though I know it will need to be done to not let her suffer, it will be terrible and I'm already fearing that day.

magnum mike

Thank you for sharing that poem with us and mr and mrs bowser so sorry for your loss.

Bowser sorry about your lost, I live by Talmoon how far west on 4 is a few miles?

Bowser sorry about your lost, I live by Talmoon how far west on 4 is a few miles?

Snowfighter,

Leave me your e-mail and I will give you a shout.

I was so sorry to read all the turmoil this poor family had to go through on this site, when all they wanted to do was raise awareness for others in their area. Sometimes I just don't know what people are thinking? Please, let them grieve!

Remember The Golden Rule: If you don't have anything nice to say, KEEP SILENT! But give them support and your sympathy for their great loss.

frown

I would also like to extend my condolences, I live over by Lawrence lake and have actually seen a wolf right in the middle of County 59 right by my house. I have a great dane and would be devastated if it were her. My neighbor actually witnessed 2 wolves taking down a deer and eating it alive. I am also a wolf lover, but also fear them.

barb, up pretty late last nite, not? laughsmirk musta been cleanin fish! grinwink

Many advocates of wolves live in large metro areas and suburbs. Those who suffer loss of pets and livestock to wolves have a different perspective.

Pray for this family who lost their beloved dog but don't tell people who live in wolf country about wolves.

I was so sorry to read all the turmoil this poor family had to go through on this site, when all they wanted to do was raise awareness for others in their area. Sometimes I just don't know what people are thinking? Please, let them grieve!

Remember The Golden Rule: If you don't have anything nice to say, KEEP SILENT! But give them support and your sympathy for their great loss.

frown

Roger that! Couldn't agree more FlyGirl.

If you have to complain, start a different thread! Bowsers... Very Sorry to hear about the loss of your family member! and appreciate you sharing your story to help raise awareness.

Bowser I sent a email through this site, if you log in and click on My Stuff on the top of this page you can read it and respond to it.

Bowser I sent a email through this site, if you log in and click on My Stuff on the top of this page you can read it and respond to it.

snowfighter,

I do not see any private messages. I have not used that feature before, but it doesn't seem that difficult. Could I be doing something wrong?

Man... Horrible, sorry your son was there to have to see that. I dread the day My oldest Lab goes, even if its in his sleep and not as terrible as your situation. My thoughts are with you.

Sorry, I just realized you were talking to me! I'm not Barb, but yes I was up late, just couldn't sleep. Couldn't stop thinking about Bowser and the Fam. But thanks for the note!

barb, up pretty late last nite, not? laughsmirk musta been cleanin fish! grinwink

You have my heart pouring out to you and your family. A family pet/member is a great loss.

I live in the Black River Falls area of WI but visit the Jessie Lake area 5-8 times a year. I have yet to encounter a wolves in either area but I know they are there. I have copied and pasted part of a article from an e-mail that was sent to me below. It seems the states we live in have a similar problem with animals that are territorial as the wolf. Hunters around my home area no longer run beagles to hunt rabbits because the wolves zero in on their bark when they are on the sent trail plus I have heard similar horror stories like the on that has happened to you. Though this should probably be a different thread I thought it would be interesting for the readers of this article to read. Once again I am truly sorry for your loss.

If you look at the DNR webpages on wolves, http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/er/mammals/wolf/dogdepred.htm , in the first 26 days of open bear/hound training season there have 8 confirmed hounds killed with another 6 injured throughout the state. For those that know Clark County, if you look at the maps and study the "caution areas" that the DNR recommends avoiding during training season, of the 133,000 acres of county forest there is a small portion at the north end and a small corner in the southeast end that are free to try.

Sorry, I just realized you were talking to me! I'm not Barb, but yes I was up late, just couldn't sleep. Couldn't stop thinking about Bowser and the Fam. But thanks for the note!

Originally Posted By: glenn57

Nope he was talking to me, I am usually up till midnite or 1 am every night. I am a naturally born night owl...............

Sorry to hear of your loss bowser. My heart goes out to your family. People shouldn't live in fear or wonder if something bad is going to happen around the next corner. Sure wolves were here first but...... last time I checked WE ARE ON TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN and nothing (stinkin wolves) is going to harm me or my family including my dog. I don't want to have the encounter you had to have but if the fed. gov. wants to crucify me for protecting what I hold dear to my heart GO FOR IT I don't care and will pay their pety fine and serve my time. My heart tells me that a CO won't be that rough on person at a time like that but if he/she does I understand the consequences. Sorry for rambling on I just got a little worked up about people sticking up for these !@#$ predators that seem to be on a golden !@#$%^& pedastal. Peace be to you and your family and hopefully your kids in time will once again enjoy our gift from the good lord the "outdoors"

Bowsers, we are also sorry to hear about your dog.

I believe that are more wolves around than people think and there will be more encounters with them in the future as more people move up north.

Was there a story on one of the news stations about this last week? Can some one post a link or let me know which one it was on?

Thanks Tim

Bowser and Wife,

I am truly sorry to hear about Cara. That is a horrible situation to go through. I hope you can get another pup in the future.

As for the wolves, they have a place, but when events like this occur something has to be done. I would assume that the vast majority of the people funding the fights to protect the wolves have never even seen one in the wild.

I have three beagles, they are like kids to us. I run snowshoe hare with them almost year-round. The area we hunt in is visited by wolves, and inhabited by coyotes. This past May they were attacked by coyotes while running a hare. They lived, only needing a few stiches and a drain tube. I was about 200 yards away when they were hit. If a wolf were to find them they would be a three course dinner.

Wolves were once again placed on the endangered species list, but if I ever caught one on my dogs the $900+ ticket would be worth it........

Sorry to hear of your loss bowser. My heart goes out to your family. I no what it is like to loose a part of your family.

A few years ago my uncle was training my lab out at his place. He trew him in the kennel so he could run to town. Benny my Dog some how was abble to get out of the kennel. to make a long story short my neighbor ended up shooting him right of the hwy. said that he was a threat to him.

thats what I was saying on here all winter!!! I can go out anywhere near my house in Effie and call wolves in with a fawn bleat.

u can always call the dnr to ask to shoot the wolves. just tell what happened