• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well who fished Tetonka for opener and how did you do? I hope you all did better then I did. I caught one small bass and that was it. Hubby caught 1 small Walleye and 1 White Bass. I'm hoping with the warmer weather coming this week things will pick up. Talked to DNR out on the lake and they said people were doing good over on Sakatha.
<><Mary><>

Finally got on lake about 8:30. My wife and I caught eight walleyes biggest was about 15". Returned all. First time on tetonka. First time in my new boat!!!! Had a blast. We didn't see or here of many walleyes caught. JLK

Maryjl, we had no good luck on Tetonka also, but we tried only during daytime and saturday was too calm weatherwise to be very productive. Fished at night and we got results.

Valv,
I kept looking for a yellow boat when we were out but never seen one.We must have been in different areas.
<>< Mary ><>

Maryjl, that was plan A, then motor wasn't doing too good so we went to plan B, other boat other problems, then we went to plan C. Finally we were fishing with the one I have for sale, it was a 14' alluminum with a 40hp Yamaha that it' was too much for the boat (if you saw a small alluminum boat flying on the lake and outperforming a big bass boat....it was us...) but at least we were FISHING......

LuckFish, which boat did you have ?
I hope you weren't the one with a BassTracker with fish alarm on that sounded like they were playing videogames. That thing was noisy, my wife wanted to tell 'em to shut it off...so much for peace and quiet.

Valv, We didn't go out until 9:00 A.M. on Saturday. Thought about going out on Friday night, but after seeing all the people at our camp ground that were drinking pretty heavy before they went out at midnight I thought no way was I going to be out there with them. Isn't there any laws in Minnesota about operating boats well intoxicated? I can understand it if they had a few well waiting until midnight but these guys were drunk. I'm surprised there wasn't any accidents out there exspecailly at night.
<><Mary><>

We went out to Sabre on Saturday late, at around 8 we caught two walleyes and a nice norhtern, all were keepers. On Sunday, we went on Tetonka and caught 5 walleyes within about a two hour period, only one was big enough to keep, but we put it back. I'll just say this, the reports that say the fish are in shallow are completely wrong.

Valv No! I never use an alarm unless on a lake I'm not familiar with and I'm traveling from one spot to another.Once I get there I shut it off. Thanks for the info SkiDoo. I wasted a lot of time shallow, then went for deeper water. I think I'll give Madison a try next, I usually do well there. LuckyFish

I didn't get a thing & my fishing partner only caught one small walleye. We fished from 12:00 am till 10:30, and we tried every thing we could think of, 1/16th oz jigs in the shallows by the river inlet spinners with minnows, leeches, or crawlers at crams pt mcpete pt & antil pt. we tryed depths from 2' to 20'. Wish someone could tell me what I was doing wrong. (un)LuckyFish