• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I live in rochester and i am more than willing to travel to tatonka for the opener. But how does everyone around this area think the bite is going to be? It is 70 or so miles there and would not want to make a trip up if the fish are not biting? How is the weekend looking to shape up? Thanks for any help u can give.

Born2Fish,

I travel 70 miles to go to Tetonka every week end in the spring, summer and fall. This is our 3rd year. Last year there was not one weekend that we didn't catch fish. I've already caught a couple 14 inch Walleyes well fishing for Crappie this year. Last year I had trouble catching any over 12 inchs. I seen other people catch them bigger I didn't have much luck though. I really don't know what its going to be like this year but I for one hope its great. Don't forget you can also fish Sakata now that they raised the bridge that goes from Tetonka. Hopefully you'll get answers from some of the others that fish Tetonka, but your question is a little hard to answer. I'm sure we are all hoping it will be well worth your wild to travel to Tetonka for opener. For me its worth it all the time.
<><Mary><>

Well that would of about said what i wanted to hear! If the walleyes are there i am there. It has become somewhat of an obbsession of mine since i took a trip to canada to fish exclusivly for the walleye. They are just plain fun to catch and eat! Thanks again, i do plan on making the opener there.

Born to fish I can guarantee that you will catch walleyes on tetonka on opener but it will be a f***ing zoo out there.