• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey Mary,
Need to start planning for the Tetonka Tourney.
What Access would you recommend?
Should be large enough to handle 15-30 rigs.
I was thinking about the one over by Antl Bay. Is it big enough? The one right in town might be tough, just because of it being a weekend. I was also thinking of the one in the park over in Sakata, but then everyone would have to buy a park permit.
Also, where would be a good spot to meet for the noon "Weigh-in" and lunch? Would need to be a place where 15-30 boats could land, say a nice sandy shoreline and a picnic area possibly?
Let me know ASAP about the access, the rest we can put off for a few more weeks yet.
Thanks,
GullGuide
>"////=<

HI GullGuide,

I thougt you were going to get a resort? If you are that would be the place to base out of. Otherwise your right about the pulic acess at Antl. Bay would be the best place for every body to dock there boats there is also enough room to do the weigh ins there also I think. June is getting into the busy time of year and that same weekend is the opening for Bass so I'm wondering just how busy that public access will be.

Dennis might have some better advise for you.

Also the State Park would be ideal because of the room you would have there. I'm not sure what the permit for there cost, but they could also dock their boats at another location if they didn't want to pay for the park permit and then I'm not sure if they have enough room for 30 boats to dock there.

I'm going to be in Waterville this week end. I could check some places out and see what room there is.

Did Rick check out any resorts for that week end or are you leaving that up to each person?

<>< Mary ><>

Mary,
No, Bass season opens up the week before smile.gif May 26th...tourney is June 2nd smile.gif

As for the resort thing, I am swamped with college, do not have the time personally, and Rick says he is swamped also. Unless you have a resort that wants to do it, I think the best bet would be to do the picnic thing. Everyone pack their own. Next year, we'll be able to do more contact stuff and line up resorts and food. Bare bones for the first year, but ya gotta start someplace.

I think the Park might work good, all depends on how much parking is at the ramp. It would be a $4 per vehical day-use fee. Picnic area is right by the lake and so are the restrooms. Camping would also be available for those who wish to do so. Might be the spot.
Let me know.
Thanks
>"////=<

GullGuide,

I think the Sakatah Lake State Park would be your best bet for enough room. Heres a phone number for there. 1-507-362-4438. I'm sure they can give you all the info you will need.

If you need anything else let me know.

<>< Mary ><>

did you ever think of oleary', its right at the river, and probally could hold that many people. ask him and maybe he'll give a group discount.