• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

rice or the chain

anyone been fishing the chain for eyes?fished mil lacs this past weekend,hammered them again with lots of non slottters and bringing home 5 eyes everytime i go....crawler rigs got me the bigger fish almost had a 28 plus,snapped my line by the boat...but two 27s i brought in...the trick is to find the structure of some kind with the eyes there...and concentrate on one hot spot where there is lots of eyes....i prefer the rocks myself there...trying the chain tonight i bet,my hot spots should be prime now there...

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Should be eyes going in either place. I'm trying to decide where I'm going this afternoon as well. Rice has been going good and I'm sure that I can get on fish there with one presentation or another. But I haven't hit Koronis or Grand for a while either so may try them.

So many choices. wink

you can keep 8 with a child under 16 years of age too....with two people...

Why is rice considered part of the chian? It is miles away adn not connected by anything other than one creek.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

i belive runs into lake kronis

Yep.

really i better look up the laws then,hate to get caught with over my limit,,thanks

sorry,yes i do bring my nephews alot with me,but like fishing alone better...just hate it when they snag my line with theres but i was a kid too,i remember dropping my dads anchor and losing it before,thought he would throw me in but he did not,heck i even lost a lantern once down a ice fishing hole-never seen that before...i bet

I lost a lantern once, except it didn't fall down a ice hole. However, I was ice fishing, and I set the lantern down while in its case on the ice and the wind was a blowing! It was during early ice, no snow, and no way to catch up to it. It didn't help that it blew towards where the ice got noticeably thinner as well.

It's all good, not trying to give you a hard time. It's good to hear you are taking the young ones out as well. Good luck the rest of the year.