• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleyes in Osceola

Foreverfish1

Thinking about heading to the croix for some eyes or smallies or whities, but I'm unsure where to find them near Osceola. How are the water levels, should I be ok with a 16 footer?

Also is the fishing better north or south of osceola, and what should I be looking for? (holes, wingdams, wood, riprap?)

Was down there Sunday. Mn side is very shallow and Wis side is fine. Landing is all out of the water and depending on your boat and car/truck may or may not be able to get in. I did not use my boat and fished from shore but a few small boats were out. Once out you can boat up or down you just need to keep an eye on your path. I do not see to many eye's up in this area I have cought a few but not many. Smallmouth and small pike fishing is good I use white bettle spin or mepp's XD's. When I use the boat I always go north and cast to anything that will cause a current break log, rock sandbar and any weeds I see along the shore. hope this is of some help. Goodluck.

Thanks shorefisher!

Well I guess I'll just have to fish for the smallies and northerns unless someone else says they've had success on the eyes?