• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I took the kids out to the lake tonight for a little bass fishing and we only got 1. But the real story is that it was a 18.5 inch smallmouth! I grew up fishing the lake and never in my wildest dreams did I think I would catch a smallmouth. I caught it on the West end throwing a fluke up to the edge of some cattails. Weird.

I have also caught one out there during a tourny and it was close to 3 pounds. I also caught it up in shallow water near reeds and such. A guy I know said he has caught some really nice ones out of there but are rare.

Crazy! I have not seen any smallies come out of there. I would of thought that the structure(or lack thereof) would not support much for smallies. Then again I would of never believed you can catch walleye out of there either!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...... That lake is SHALLOW...... The majority of my usual go to spots were high and dry. I did manage few on the west basin. Should have focused all my time there, but I always go east first.

Biggest ones came on jigs in less than 2' of water. But I did find some buzzing over 6' grass/cabage beds. Milfoil was dead.

It was a nice night out, and I managed to keep from grounding the boat, so that was a good thing too.

Yes it is extremely shallow. The water used to be about a foot and a half on the retaining wall. Now we have 6-7 feet of sand before the water. Some of those people have their docks out 50-100 feet to reach water deep enough to park their boats.