• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where is a good place to take the boy fishing off shore?, just to catch a sunny doesn't need to be "keepers" but that would be a plus smile

Thanks

Rick

Where is a good place to take the boy fishing off shore?, just to catch a sunny doesn't need to be "keepers" but that would be a plus smile

Thanks

Rick

the bug a boo docks have yet to fail me for crappie, bass, sunfish, and northerns. a few walleyes can be caught in the evening and at night if you are lucky.

lake geneva peir was giving out alot of small sunnies the last time i was there. right under the peir.

victoria peir may be a good bet too. im not sure. havent fished it since spring.

other than that, i was doing well with small bass on the crestwood lagoon. be prepared, you may have an encounter with a big carp too.

but bug-a- boo would definately be the best bet. dont worry, i have been fishing off those docks for years, they dont care. btw, there are some slab crappies to be had out there. set your bobber to 8 feet and hang on.

tight lines!

I'll second Geneve Pier. Always good for a few sunnies. I've wrangled in the occasional largemouth off the pier and in the channel as well.

• 2 weeks later...

confused I am not too familiar with the area but was fishing the piers in and around Alexandria a few weeks back. Did well in most places but the road construction kept me away from Geneva. Does anyone know if it is still accessible? And any recent results? Coming back in two weeks and would like to give it a try.

We had an interesting experience at the Agnes pier. Had light tackle and expecting sunnies when my 10 year old hooked a big (24"?) carp. Just about pulled the rod out of his hands. Then we could not keep them off our lines - which was ok, my son had a blast. Next day went back - nothing. Fishing is funny that way.

Thanks.

There's no construction around Geneva... They were doing some utility work a couple weeks ago, but that's been done for a while.

confused I am not too familiar with the area but was fishing the piers in and around Alexandria a few weeks back. Did well in most places but the road construction kept me away from Geneva. Does anyone know if it is still accessible? And any recent results? Coming back in two weeks and would like to give it a try.

We had an interesting experience at the Agnes pier. Had light tackle and expecting sunnies when my 10 year old hooked a big (24"?) carp. Just about pulled the rod out of his hands. Then we could not keep them off our lines - which was ok, my son had a blast. Next day went back - nothing. Fishing is funny that way.

Thanks.

city park is known for suprises like that as well as many more. some of mine include a big northern jumping out of the water trying to get a crappie i was lifting it out of the water. random nice walleyes. big bass. even a small channel catfish!

Thanks for the info DrRodey. I was trying to get to the Geneva pier on July 13 and there were barracades on the road right around where I thought the pier should be. But I could have been in the wrong place altogether.......

I will give it another shot in a couple of weeks.

*djp1964* Easiest way to get to Geneva pier is to take 29 N out of town and take the first right Just past LeHomme Dieu beach, and an immediate right once you cross the tracks.. you'll see the Geneva public launch and right after that is the parking area for Geneva pier.

*nightheron* Across the street from Bug-a-Boo Bay restraunt and cantina. CO Rd 42 North of Alexandria.