• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ec30_06

• MinnesnowtaWild

• Gordie

• DTro

HEY I know that spot grin man is that ever low we need rain and a lot of it

Looks familiar Gordy haha...you must have been fishing shallow water in your pics eh?

And yeah those pictures are incredible. I always check out that area when I cross the 169 bridge on the way to Mankato and I wonder how the heck anyone could navigate through that.

Yep Ed, I know it's historically been lower before, but I don't recall that myself. It's LOW an SLOW.

I really don't even have the urge to launch my boat right now.

You need to come out for a ride in mine then.

I brushed bottom there 2 monts ago the bottom of my skeg grinand it wasnt that shallow MW when I fished it lastand as for navagating thru that it easy just dont hit anything grin but I have bounced off a few of those logs laugh

took a few pics from the fishing trip, we were not in the water for more than 10 minutes before we had to deal with this. This is right after the 169 bridge outside of Le Sueur.

[img:center]001.jpg

Tomorrows project for this guy

Have fun you should be good in your boat if you get between that big layed down tree and that little island to the left of the fat man current is fast through there should be oretty deep and. Not sure how long it been since you were in that tree maze down around a couple bends I saw a couple trees layin horizontal just under the surface. Didn't see them til the canoe was rubbing over them. Just thought I would give you a heads up

The tree maze has been fun for over a month. It is actually a little easier to run some of that stretch right now because the only channel is clearly showing, and all the shallow sand is out of the water. It was tough when all that sand was an inch or two under water. If you got out of the channel you would rub bottom.

Is it always this low this time of year, or did I pick a bad year to start fishing the river more? I been walking out and shore fishing mostly for the past month.

We might catch a break and get the river on the rise. Right now (12:32 AM) it is raining pretty hard from Mankato to Ortonville. Hope it keeps up !

tweed

let it rain let it rain.

ec30-06 that tree maze was fun until you took my path eek sorry man had a great time on Wednsday night and great meeting you Nick

No problems there Gordie, at least we got through. The pucker factor kicked in pretty much the whole way back after dark. It almost turned into push factor when we found the gravel bar in the middle of the river. Nothing like looking over either side and seeing the bottom of the river at 35mph.

Made it out last night. Water didn't seem to get any higher from this weekend. Just wanted to say thanks to the person that put a milk jug on the mid channel deadhead about a mile downstream from Shak. launch. I've hit that thing 4-5 times this year and it's good to see someone put some thought into it and marked it for the rest of us.

Just wanted to say thanks to the person that put a milk jug on the mid channel deadhead about a mile downstream from Shak. launch. I've hit that thing 4-5 times this year and it's good to see someone put some thought into it and marked it for the rest of us.

Is that the one down at the 3rd bend by murphy's landing?