• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I know i hit something last night! Its going to be my 3rd prop this year. I think its time to fined a RiverPro for next year...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ec30_06

• MinnesnowtaWild

• Gordie

• DTro

was out sunday west of judson and it is pretty hairy for you outboard guys we found tons of really shallow spots did see one other guy that was runin an outboard and I thought he was nuts most of the river is less than two foot and the holes are few and far between. we went 4 miles and found 3 holes.

Shorefishing definitely has upsides, especially at this time of year.

shakopee launch has had at least 2 boats in the water each night ive been out the last couple weeks and they seem to be trudging along great.. i dont get a chance to see the river in the day so i guess i wouldnt know better but seems fine this way, obviously lower than avg, but doable

I was out of the Shakopee launch lastnite and it was smooth sailing for about a mile or two up stream then it started to get rather low after a nice big sand bar. Decided to not risk my prop and headed back down stream. The night was slow for us. Then the Boom light went out and as I am not familiar with that stretch whats so ever I parked it along the south side of the river by the launch and fished the snag with only one tiny channel coming out.

was out sunday west of judson and it is pretty hairy for you outboard guys we found tons of really shallow spots did see one other guy that was runin an outboard and I thought he was nuts most of the river is less than two foot and the holes are few and far between. we went 4 miles and found 3 holes.

wow that's crazy. was it like that for the first 600 yards upstream of the landing? that channel is usually 8-12 ft in June. she must be very low to be 2 ft.

Ted hip waders now really just jump in the muck and have a good time grin

Gordie I dont want to ruin my pedicure...not taking the chance of that river water acting like nail polish remover. You talk to Nick/Tony of late? I hear there was quite the slob caught recently.

and a boat full of gear and never hit a thing......although even if I did, I wouldn't know it.

And the boat wouldnt show it. You can always claim...It came like that!

Most likely, some guys once they get the feel of their boat can use water from their wake to slow down and create a lift and even go over dry land.

Depends on the river bottom type, and boat type. The boat will trap and compress water between the hull and river bottom. Pretty simple action-reaction thing really. Dry land would still be a last resort option.

Looks like some rain is coming for the Minnesota River basin...probably too little too late though at this point but we can take anything we can get.

Theres a point of no return on the level. Unless your get a Sept. mini-monsoon this is reality for the rest of cat season imho.

I agree...lots of shore fishing now.

Either that or invest in a mini-skirt and show some leg and wave as the RP's drive by....they could have room in the boat for another wink. laugh

Oh I'll just get my girlfriend to do that! No guy in a RiverPro will be able to resist an 18 year old in a mini-skirt...I just hope they take me with too haha.

ya you don't stand a chance. If your old lady wants to come out tell her to shot me an email laugh J/K You could come too.

ya you don't stand a chance. If your old lady wants to come out tell her to shot me an email laugh J/K You could come too.

Ha ha you a-hole yes but actually she would like to come with...I turned her into a cat addict.

That a boy, you found a keeper. Now you just need to have a lil Jeff Wild

Pretty spooky in a hurry upstream from Shakopee......

Really spooky in Jordan......

Just plain haunting past that......

It would not be a good idea to run fast anywhere with a prop out there right now. I was watching my graph last night and the depths were like 3 feet then 1 foot then 0 feet then 1 foot, then felt bottom, then 1 foot then felt a log, etc., etc.

Spooky is seeing your boat come up river and with those lights making me think of..."Don't go into the light Carole Ann!"

I would not go upstream of LeSueur with a prop boat. Downstrean would be just as diffucult.

Man, those guys with the jet boats are king right now.

We have the Scott County Sherrif's take a kid fishing on the river deal Monday. THAT will be intersting as 1/4 of the captains don't fish the river too often. Funny thing a couple of years ago ,I jumped the rapids and the Sherrif patrol decided to follow me over. So much for that lower unit. I'd like to see them follow me around this year wink

I think I'd ruin a prop for 18yr old girl in a minni skirt grinlaugh

Id ask for some ID before hand...

Oh I'll just get my girlfriend to do that! No guy in a RiverPro will be able to resist an 18 year old in a mini-skirt...I just hope they take me with too haha.

How short of a skirt are we talking about here? J/K grin

We have the Scott County Sherrif's take a kid fishing on the river deal Monday. THAT will be intersting as 1/4 of the captains don't fish the river too often. Funny thing a couple of years ago ,I jumped the rapids and the Sherrif patrol decided to follow me over. So much for that lower unit. I'd like to see them follow me around this year wink

Brian are you and tommy chard both launching in BP. Trying to figure out where to go so that we are not competing for spots.

Nope- I'm heading out of Jordan as of today. Hopefully DT puts out something on where everyone is going. Talks to Hoops last night and he is borrowing the East Union boys RP and plans on going out of BP.

That can change if there's a ton going out of Jordan, then I'll move upstream to give them more room.