• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

pelican lake landing ?

hi planning a trip here i,m 45 miles away is there a public dock and is there a mini biff or park and can i get a small 14 foot boat in with a car thanks for your help would drive up there to check it out but cant really afford the gas

I have only been there once. no dock at that time and I don't believe there is one now. I may be wrong. there was no biffy there then and I don't believe there is. also the access has been wrecked by powerloading there is not a level area at all unless the dnr has fixed it. the other problem is that there is alot of sunken logs in the lake. I got hung up on one and thought I put a hole in my boat but I didn't since I was going slow when it happened thank goodness. if I fish pelican it is only during the ice fishing season.

There is a dock now. The landing is wrecked from power loading as Brad B said so you are taking your chances with a car. The biff is the tall weeds and grass around the landing. If you see Pelicans that look like they are standing on the water stay away from that area and it is a fairly big area. It will be to the right when you come out of the channel.

with a 14' boat I am guessing it is light enough that you should have no problem getting out and there is a dock but like mentioned be careful cause there always seems to be new shallow spots found everytime out there but the fishing can be great!!

I was out about a month or so ago and the landing was in rough shape then. I dumped my 16' fiberglass runabout in there with little problem - but loading was tricky due to the massive holes at the landing (trailer wouldn't sit level). I also drive a 3/4 ton 4X4 Suburban so would probably be a little better off than a fella in a car. Also - when I was there the dock appeared like it was going to collapse at any moment...not sure if that has been corrected or not.

I also hit two stumps in a 2 minute time period (one on the way to my spot, and other shortly after I turned around due to the first strike) - don't be an [PoorWordUsage] (like me, lol) and go at planing speed just because you have been through that area before with no problem. There are obstructions all over on that lake. I lucked out and had minimal damage.

It's a fun lake to fish though, even in the summer. It's a nice change of pace from the other local lakes that are completely populated with houses, skiers, tubers, etc.

Good luck!