• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HDS 7 trail question

Double Barrel

Question

I posted about a month ago that my HDS 7 doesn't show the current trail i'm traveling. I got a couple answers but none of the solutions helped. Anyone else having the same problem? In a way its nice ,cause it doesn't clutter up my screen, but if I ever want to utilize this function i'm helpless???

Thanks for your help !

7 answers to this question

Pretty easy to do. When on the chart screen. Press Menu twice, enter Chart menu. Near the bottom has a trails icon. Select it and highlight the circle on the right of Trails. It should be blue which means it is activated.

You might need to make a new trail, I've heard of folks with the same issue because the default trail wasn't active initially.

Go to the waypoints, trails and routes selection at the bottom of charts settings menu. Once you're on the waypoints, trails and routes page tab over to the trails and see if you have one, if not make a new one. If you do have a trail setup, sounds like a software glitch possibly. You might try dumping your trails data and then making a new trail, or possibly reload the software??

I just got the last upgraded software and then I tried making a new trial and there was still not a trail made? Is this something I need to call Lowrance about??

Thanks for your input.

I just got the last upgraded software and then I tried making a new trial and there was still not a trail made? Is this something I need to call Lowrance about??

Hmmm...something doesn't sound right. How about taking your unit into the retailer you bought from for a quick tutorial. I don't think calling Lowrance would be worth it.

Make sure the "record" button is selected when you highlight the new trail.

Jim Carroll NPAA #13