• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Early morning bite

River Dan

Had a trip out early this morning and found the walleyes to be hungry within the first hour 3 nice ones in the box and many shorts, next spot picked up another nice one and many shorts also boated a mess of smallies, lots of action packed into a few hours, all fish came riggen crawlers 6-20' going to be out tonight for some bobber fishing, see you on the water cool

Nice, can't wait to hit it in the morning. Those early mornings are the best. Watching the sun rise on the Croix, catchin' fish and watchin' eagles. Makes you forget about the hustle and bustle of life.

Going out at the Somerset Landing tomorrow morning and heading North...It will be my first time fishing the river South of Osceola, so we'll see how it goes. Like you said, Sandmannd, can't wait to get out on the river and not think about working:-)

Nice having you on board again Shane, good time as always and yes those early sunrises are great specially when the walleyes are biting, we finished the morning with 5 nice ones and alot of shorts and a unbelievable amount of smallies,think Shane caught just about every species the river has to offer along with a couple nice eyes, good times!

DSC00191.jpg

Always a great time on the water with you Dan. Yea, I caught a good variaty of the fish that the river offers. Was doing good till Dan said "You haen't caught a Sheepy yet". I proceeded to catch 7 of them in a short time!!. Five one after another even!!. Still fun and had some nice keepers in the boat.

Sounds like you guys did better than the old man and I. We did manage to catch a few smallies, one 13" walleye, a sheepy, and my dad's first flathead...Pretty entertaining, he didn't want to touch it. It ran about 18-20 inches or so I would guess. We're pretty new to the river fishing, we headed south from Somerset landing and did some drifting, caught a lot of rocks and logs:-) It was nice to get out though, watch the sunrise, the eagles, and the family of deer wading into the river.

Fished from Stillwater to Hudson today Not much going caught a smalie,crappie and a few sheephead. It was fun fishing with Seth. Only wish the fish would have bit. But then chattin with several others said the same very slow bite.