• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

tip

Turk

tip- when using leeches and spinners, it helps in not over spinning the leech, i.e. rolling it if you use a smaller spinner (size #1).

Keep Catchin'

Turk, How would I keep from doing that? Maybe thats my problam. I only seem to have line twist and catch fewer fish when using spinners.

HTB

Well I didn't mention trolling speed, maybe I should have as well. Your overall boat speed will roll the leeches no matter what size blade of spinner you use, if you are going too fast. BUT a smaller blade rolls less because of less torque put on the leech...BIG blades roll leeches easier (and minnows ).

good luck.

btw- yesterday we boated many eyes around 20 total count and seven were keepers with a 28.5 inch walleye included (Monty my clients personal best). Plus we also specifically targeted smallmouth during this trip and got around 15 smallmouth bass just to mix it up. The river is a true mixed bag resource.