• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Now that I have finally gotten settled in Fargo I could use some tips to get started for doing some shore fishing for cats here in Fargo.

I plan on taking an old bass setup and putting 20 lb fireline on it. After that I have no idea what I need. I'm just looking to fill my "cat tray' up with an assortment to use. what kind of hooks and waht size hooks, what kind of sinkers and how big etc...

As far as locations if a couple of you would point me in the general direction (north or south of 52 for example) and whether or not I should bring my boat up from my parents lake home to dump in during the week.

Oh and Scoot I'm sure you'll be reading this. After my brokern arm heals, you'll be getting an email for the archery range, i need to get my arm back in shape.

Thanks guys

Best set up I have used is 30 or so pound power pro line. with a slip sinker of about 3 oz. Then a swivel tied to 20 lb mono line tied to a circle hook. So if you break it it usually breaks below the swivel and you save your slip weight. There is some pictures of this on line somewhere. I will try dig it up. Works great.

Here it is, I think its really good, if the link doesnt work just search Catfighting on the Red.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Been gone a while, sorry for the delay in responding...

Yep, dragon gives good advice. Like him, I prefer 30 over 20 lb, but if you already bought the line, you'll be fine with that.

The set up that dragon referred you to is my bread and butter on the Red around here. Frogs will be the ticket very soon, but cut sucker will still produce fish too.

Give me a shout about getting to the bow club- I'm always happy to get new people up there. Good luck with the broken wing...

Scoot