• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Accross the road from the dam the river makes a little pond. Does any one know if this is open? Last year we went fishing there in Feb. Caught Crappies, Sunfish, Walleyes and Northrens. I'd sure appreciate it if any one knows if they would let me know. Thanks <>< Mary ><>

MaryJ, where is the spot...sound like it's great I can go try today or tomorrow and let you know, I live near Faribault.

Maryjl, I was there today, water is open for 3 feet after the falls but the rest is iced out. Dam in Faribault is in much better shape, but not much fish.

Thanks Valv, Did you see the little pond that comes out from the river on the other side of the bridge? It souldn't be long if we have some warm weather for it to open. I hope. Maybe if its nice this week it will be open next weekend. Thanks Again Mary

Valv, Its right when you come in to Morris
town. Do you know where the dam is there? Coming from Faribault on high way 60 you turn south in to Morris Town when you come to the bridge its on your left. It was a great spot last year but I don't know if it has been warm enough yet for it to open. That would be great if you get over that way. Let me know. I don't know if there is to much snow there to get down to it or not. Good Luck and have fun if it is open. THANKS Mary

Mary i fished there once and caught nice panfish in there. There was a fellow there that also caught some walleyes that day.

james_walleye, Last year was the first time we fished there,but its the first place to open up. The lakes were still frozen. Of course last spring came much earlier. It was a lot of fun and we caught alot of fish that day. Alot of them were small but we were able to get a few Crappies and Bluegill big enough to take home for supper that nite. I still remember how good they tasted that first fresh fish meal of the year. If you ever get buy that way and see its open let me know. Its an hour drive for us but well worth it. Thanks <>< Mary ><>

Well the weekend is here again. Does anyone know if this is open yet? Thanks Mary

it is open at least 3 feet on the bridge side and about ten feet on the opposite. you can see fish in there but they wont bite anything, they just sit near the bottom does this mean their spawning becasue i even was able to grab and touch them with my rod tip and they barly moved. i fished the dam too but got nothing

smontanya,

Could you tell what kind of fish they were?
It seems kind of early for them to spawn. Maybe they were just in shock to finally be in open water. Was that little pond open on the other side of the bridge?

Mary

they looked like either sunfish or bluegills. and the pond is what im talking about, the shore next to the bridge is about 3 feet open and on the other side its about ten. there is also not much ice connected to shore so it should all start to break up soon.

Is there a Bait Shop in Morris Town? I went fishing there yesterday figured I'd get bait at The Tackle Box in Waterville but it was closed and the vending machine would'nt take my money. I would of stoped in Waseca if I would of known so I just used artifical. Did'nt catch anything but it sure felt good.

Thanks Mary

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

There is no baitshop in Morristown, however, there are two bait shops in Faribault and One in Owatonna close to I 35 at the Gas Station on the corner of Hoffman drive and State Ave. This may not help, but Faribault is pretty close to Morristown.

Coming from Morristown to Faribault on 60 at the first set of lights you take a left and follow it north then east(right) at the intersection..you can see both bait shops from the intersection. Tell either of them Rick from Fishing Minnesota said hello.

Mary
Sorry for the inconvenence, I have been out of town for a death in the family. We will be back open by April 12.
Thank You for stopping in.
Dennis
The Tackle Box

Dennis,
No problem I just thought you were on a well deserved vacation. I'm sorry that you were'nt. My husband and I stop in alot in the summer. You'd know me if you seen me, and hopfully that will be soon.
Sorry for your loss.
Thank You Mary

How is this area? Is it flooded? Thinking about coming up there fishing today.

maryjl tetonka up 1.5 ft as of sunday. it sure made up for the low water of this winter. the ice is getting black i"m still think it will open around the 15 th of april. i had to pull the dock back more in case the ice blows in this way better safe than sorry. i"m ready to get the boat out....

Hawkeye43,

I was wondering how it was doing. I supose its opening where the Canon comes in. I noticed when I was there last week the river was open by O'Rilys. A lot of times early in the year we will fish for Crappies from shore where they have the chanels dug out on the one side there is no houses and you can drive down to it. We usally have good luck there. I'm hoping we can get up there this weekend and get the camper ready for the year. Thanks for the info and keep me posted. Mary ><>

waters up almost as high as "93" when it closed the road on sakata drive. 1 to 2 inches of rain wed & thursday , not good news . ice is getting very black, no fish in the logoons yet. saw 2 bald eagles and 4 loons today, lots of ducks and geese they have such nice color this time of year

maryjl its getting closer, the ice is starting to shift and pile up on the north shore line. i still say it"s going to go on the 15 th. i have been know to be wrong before.

Hawkeye43,

Its not out yet? Whats it waiting for? Clear Lake Iowa was iced out today. So I bet your right about the 15th. Today was my guess I missed it. We decided to stay home and get stuff done around here this weekend sence the weather has'nt been the greatest hopefully we will get up there next weekend and for sure it has to be gone by then.

Thanks Mary ><>

maryjl ice-out on tetonke, it happen 4/15/2001 this morning. we had a shot of rain last night and the wind came later it is nice to hear the lap of the water again. the dock goes in monday the boat on tuesday,its time to get this show on the road. its the 2nd lates ice-out in the past 18 years.

Hawkeye43,

You guessed that one right on the money. Now if it would just warm up enough to be able to enjoy it would be nice, but I guess we can't have everything. Thank you for keeping me posted. Mary ><>