• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Alvwood Area Panfish

We have a hunting camp by Alvwood "13 miles east of Blackduck". I am going up there for the weekend and never really fished mid summer up there. Just wondering if anyone could give me some tips on lakes to try in the area for panifish this time of year and what would work for them.

We uses to hunt by Alvwood about 4 years ago how has the hunt been? We only hunted deer some where by wagner lake where do you hunt? Is the bar in Alvwood still open?

Hoot N Holler is still open. The Hunting in my opinion no where near as good as central MN, but that is just my experiences. I go up there because most of my family does during rifle season. Nice to get away for the weekend though.

We uses to hunt by Alvwood about 4 years ago how has the hunt been? We only hunted deer some where by wagner lake where do you hunt? Is the bar in Alvwood still open?

We were up in that area a few weeks ago, the Hoot and Holler is still open, but we spent more time and $$$ in SL at the two spots there. We hunt deer back by Wagner also, have for years. The consensus seems to be that the predator numbers, wolves mostly have increased, which has caused a decline in the deer population in that area. We have not seen the number of deer that we have in the past. We are probably on a year by year basis as we might move elsewhere at some time.

We had the same proplem with the wolves. My brother bought some land by remer and we had very good luck since moving location. But I miss the people and the woods by alvwood lots of good times.