• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

pearl walleyes

thank you to everyone who helped me by telling me where to fish for my CATCH AND RELEASE fishing league that is at pearl lake tonight, i think i have heardd on everything but walleyes, so if you can help me out here, i would really appreciate it.....

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Doesn't sound nuts to me Brownie. I've caught them there in other lakes. Sometimes pitching right into the reeds.

I get quite a few of my mid summer eyes pitching jigs right up into the reeds/ weeds on certain lakes.

Pitching to the weeds and trolling along the weeds lines in the shallow as of late has worked very well for me. I have been letting my crankbaits just tick off the bottom. Yes, one will foul with weeds every so often but it has been catching me fish.

Good luck.

spinner rigs or harness with crawler works good now,spinners trolling off the weed line especially....

ok, thank you to everyone who actually is trying to help me, i really do appreciate it, but over the last weeks i have been seeing some comments from people who must think im crazy, like the one telling me to fish walleyes in 4 feet in july..... this is obviously someone else in my league just being an [PoorWordUsage], so STOP.... i know its you and im sick of it...... if your gonna be stupid, at least make it sound realistic..... let me guess.... this week im supposed to catch crappies in 3 feet the lilly pads right???

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I pulled walleyes out of 4 ft of water just last week on another area lake. Sometimes the inside edge of a weed bed can be hot. Again not usually my first pattern I try and on a league night without establishing this pattern by prefishing I'd skip it.

But it's not as crazy as it seems. Lots of food there. Guess what? Walleye like to eat. wink

ok, thank you to everyone who actually is trying to help me, i really do appreciate it, but over the last weeks i have been seeing some comments from people who must think im crazy, like the one telling me to fish walleyes in 4 feet in july..... this is obviously someone else in my league just being an [PoorWordUsage], so STOP.... i know its you and im sick of it...... if your gonna be stupid, at least make it sound realistic..... let me guess.... this week im supposed to catch crappies in 3 feet the lilly pads right???

If you don't think walleye go that shallow in July you're missing out on a ton of fish. I highly, highly doubt that people in your league are on here giving you bad tips.

yea i realize that they could be shallow, and thats exactly why i dont waste my time with them...... too hard to locate, thats not what im trying to say...... there are people from my league here trying to screw me up, and i just want that to stop.....

Dude I am not in any fishing leauge, I was just trying to help, and if you know it all why the heck are you asking questions. As for the advice or what ever, my dad once told me fish do not read books, so they do not know where they are suppsoe to be, if there is oxeygen, cover and food, there will be fish there.

ok, i didnt say you were in a fishing league.... whats your problem???? go back a week and look, someone told me to fish walleyes in 3-4 feet, i didnt say it was you.... and no, i normally dont fish in this area, so how should i know it all? i fish up north where the big fish are, and where you can get out on a lake without 100 boats already out there.

ok, i didnt say you were in a fishing league.... whats your problem???? go back a week and look, someone told me to fish walleyes in 3-4 feet, i didnt say it was you.... and no, i normally dont fish in this area, so how should i know it all? i fish up north where the big fish are, and where you can get out on a lake without 100 boats already out there.

there are plenty of big fish around the st.cloud area and ya dont even have to drive 5hrs

No there isn't, they are ALL up north because every lake around here has 100 boats on them, heck one time I saw a 352 boats on Island Lake. LOL

It is amazing that you counted them all! I do not know if I would have the patience to sit on shore or in my boat and count other boats as they moved around on the lake.

Hey, muff, you seem real pleasant..and I'll tell ya eyes follow the food...And if the food is shallow, they will be too. Its simply a myth that walleyes are always in the deep, every lake is different--and if people take the time to write write you a tip, appreciate that they took the time and just keep it in mind, you dont have to fish there...

yup the eyes are shallow,my dad fishes walleye trail tourneys and he has been fishing shallow,the minnows hatched there babies and there is to much food for them,got to wait until all the minnows are eaten up before the fishing becomes good,i think the slowest or being anchored when on top of fish is the best bet now...been doing very well on mil lacs i have been,the best in years for me....