• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Upper and Lower Mission

I am going to be heading up to Lower Mission next week on vacation and I really don't know much about the lake. Has anyone fished it recently, what species have you been catching?

Thank you for any help!!

I fished it last weekend. Lots of boat traffic. We did ok with the bass and the northerns on the weed edges.

Lots of boat traffic...show me a lake on the 4th of July weekend that doesn't...

We just returned from there, Upper Mission anyway as my inlaws have a place on there.

Lots of bass drop shotting the deep weed edges in 12-16' mostly 2 lbs with a few 3-4 plus. Look for the sharper breaks...

Good notherns bass fishing, a couple 36" ers and other 30 plust.

Crappies and big bluegills can be found with a little searching. Crappies were in about 15' and the gills in about 9' in the scattered cabbage.

Had a great weekend for bass and northerns trolling the deeper weed edges. That northern slot seems to be helping. 2-34", and 1-31" and quite a few from 25" to 30".

Lower was really good Sunday morning for bass and northern. Worked the lily pad edges and some deeper water with spinnerbaits and worms and did equally well on both. Some nice bass, a couple of big pigs that got off, and 3 northerns over 30". Panfish looked to be hitting in about 10' of water on the weed edges.