• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Reports

hi,

Coming up to rainy next week for a full week, will be staying on the MN side east end, wondering where all the reports are. any updates on teh fishing, still slow? do they still seem to be moving to the reefs? buddy is trying to talk me into fishing kab (supposedly hot) this year, but I love rainy. most years we come up in August and catch a lot of fish off of the deep clay. thanks for any help

dave

Hi Hawgeye, I just returned from the east end of Rainy, camped in Saginaw bay for four days. The fishing was very good, the walleyes were on the reefs, at least the reefs I fished. they were deep from 37 to 42 feet on the breaks. Marked alot of fish they were in groups so don't fish untill you see them, but once I would see them they would bite. I also found fish still in on the rocky shorelines in Sag in 5 to 8 feet of water, trolled shallow running X raps. the fish in shallow were all 20 to 24 inches no slot fish. The slot fish came off the reefs. Settled on leeches on a lindy rig when fishing the reefs, tried everything else but leeches seemed to be best.

watersguy,

thanks a lot for the report. I can't wait until next Friday. thanks and I'll post when we get back

dave

hi hawgeye, i noticed your question regarding campsite availability. My gal and I went in Sunday after the fourth and found very few campers we were able to get what I feel is the best campsite in the park after chasing out some day users. I have found that going Friday can be tricky, I would be sure to start out early and not wait till later in the afternoon. This time of year they can fill up early so probably claim anything you find. what we do now is usually travel to the Falls on Saturday and stay at hilltop or the Falls hotel Sat night and enjoy the falls nightlife. we then go in Sun morning and check our favorite sites. If someone is there ask if they are leaving and if so hang around the area and junp on it as soon as they leave. Let me know how things go.