• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Halladay available

UdeLakeTom

Toronto will want a catcher and a top pitching prospect. It'll be like the Viola deal where they'll get 5-6 guys and from someone willing to pay his $17 million deal next year. I'd be reluctant to cough up a lot as he's injury prone.

PB, I think you have more than the remote in your hand when watching a twins game.

The Twins don't have to spend money like the Yankees or Boston, but they need to spend a little more if they are ever going to win another World Series. It's been nearly 2 decades since our last WS and all we have done since then is have a low payroll and let our prospects play. Then when they actually turn into an all star we see them walk away because the front office insults them with low ball offers, in regards to what they are worth in the current market. I agree that MLB needs a salary cap, but until then the front office needs to make offers that are going to bring in the necessary pieces to bring home a championship. One problem this year is the big money Punto was given and he's not worth a fraction of his salary. They pretty much shot themselves in the foot with that deal, because they can't trade him and they don't want to release him cuz they'll still have to pay him. Most people in this state are content with our sports teams just making the playoffs and it's a joke. Until we demand more from our franchises, it's going to be the same old teams that just barely contend for a playoff spot. So far the only team making an effort is the Vikings, except for TJ of course. The Wild's new owner also seems like he's willing to dish out the money, but the old management gave spendy contracts to players that were not worth it. Now they have to try and work out that mess and put together a good team when they are very close to the cap. It will be a while for them to get a contender put together, but at least it's looking they will do it.

I doubt the Jays will deal him to the Yanks or the Red Sox, as they probably don't want to face him, plus it gives a divisional rival a huge plus. I am guessing Mets, Phillies or Dodgers. Maybe the Angels