• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coming up in 2 weeks..Big V.. Fishing nothing but muskies.

Have the fish moved out on the rocks yet? Are there any established patterns developing yet? What is the average water temp? Are the fish HOT yet?

Any info would be appreciated.

thanks

Mr. Cowboy,

I am sorry to say that the majority of the muskies that lived in the big V have all packed up this winter and moved over to mille lacs lake. It was the starangest thing you ever saw. There was a previous post on just a week or two ago that you might want to check on. Be a good friend and make sure you tell your friends about this phenomenem so they do not waste there time. We are all still in a little shock. As usual there is a positive to everything and that is that the smallies are just a blast and make for just as much if not more fun than the muskies we used to have in this lake. grin

I heard that last week too... its a shame.

I guess I am going to have to cancel. JK

Got a guide on tues that week... Wanted to get out of the gate fast on sat,sun, mon,. Looks like I will have to run and gun the first day, hopefully put together some sort of pattern.

This post was on 6-22-2009 on a may fly blog.

We had a heavy hatch on Saturday night in Oak Narrows. On Sunday water temps consistently were 70 degrees except for Big bay which was 67-68.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I would imagine mid day temps are holding in the 70's at this point?

Any info would be appreciated.

The most recent temp that I have is from Monday early afternoon when I found 69-71 on the east end depending on location.

I was up for 5 days fishing a lot of muskies and was unable to locate anything other than 1 little 15". Fished mostly shallow weeds and points/shorelines leading out from spawning bays. I did hit a couple of main lake reefs in the evening, but to no avail. It was brutal to say the least. The good news is that the bass were very easy to catch and I didn't see more than a few guys chucking the big stuff.

I have been hitting it pretty hard all week with only one big pike to show for it. Have raised a few low and slow fish. Nothing after dark either even with the full moon.... Sure is a strange year. Surface water temps will reach the low 70's at the peak of the day if it's calm but once the wind starts it drops back into the mid-high 60's. Cold nights 30's and 40's are not helping. I'm also starting to think some of the fish headed south to the big pond..... grin

I have been up to the V the last 3 years first week of sept, last week of aug, last week of july, now we are comming up in mid july.

Either the muskie fishing on the the V is really tough or we just havent got the timing right yet. We have boated musky in the past, but only when trolling. I know one of these years it will happen casting. Hoping that in the next 2 weeks the water temps start to stabalize in the mid 60's to low 70's and the bite turns on. It sounds like The fish are not that hot yet???