• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Starting suggestions?

spst23

Hey all,

I will be heading up to Mille Lacs tonight, does anyone have any suggestions on where to start. Maybe throw some bobbers out tonight and do some drifting tomarrow. What do you think?

Thaks

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Moon is full and it's been windy. I'd give cranks a serious shot.

Was out on Sunday night throwing bobbers on the flats, on the edges, and rocks and it was slow. I was pretty sure I was marking fish, but all I had to show for it was an 11 perch that I caught within 5 minutes of setting up shop. It would appear the other boats around me where experiencing a similar bite. It was my first time on the big pond not doing a launch and a lot of fun, if not a learning experience. It might not be a bad idea to try those cranks.

Borch, when you say pulling cranks are you talking about the shallower water closer to shore or are you talking about the mid lake flats and other mid lake structure? Thanks

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Shallow water rocks or weeds.

We would troll in 12 to 16 feet of water with a perch or silver pattern shad rap on the northwest side of the lake with good success and it did not have to be at night if there was any chop. It was a good way to catch some big perch while getting into the walleyes and smallies.