• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnetonka Fishing Reports

Anyone know of any good spots to tie into a carp on tonka from shore? I was at the bridge at the grey's bay landing, got a couple decent ones but none of the monsters that I see in that lake so often, I'm guessing cuz of all the boat traffic.

I see them all the time in Carman's Bay in the shallows and in Black Lake. I don't know much about carp but they were thrashing around nicely a couple of weeks ago when I was pulling out in the morning. I even hooked one on a senko while fishing for bass but lost it when it wrapped my line around a dock.

See if there's a place you can fish on the North shore of Wayzata bay. I don't know if there is a public fishing spot but if there is, the carp are there.

The corner of Brown's bay is pretty popular along 15. Or maybe find your way to the access and bridge to Enchanted Island in Phelps bay.

Just some ideas where I've seen carp and people fishing.

In the spring Harrison's bay holds carp...don't know about now though. Maybe it's unfishable due to milfoil. There is shorefishing allowed there though. I have seen pods of bigguns in Wayzata bay too.

I think carsons harbors some beast but fishing from shore would be tough. I seen some kids out there a few weeks ago when the carp where in heavy spawn, they anchored and threw ultra light sunfish set ups with nightcrawlers as not to spook the fish, and then let the waiting game begin. Man they looked like they had some fun. Tonka carp spook easily, unlike rivers u may have to use some finnese tactics, beleive it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Halsteads was absolutely loaded with them out on the West side throughout the bouyed rock point. Rediculous numbers. That was roughly 3 weeks ago, not sure if they are still there.

G/L!