• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boy Lake Fishing Reports

It's almost here. Our rather large group 8 adults & 9 kids are heading to Boy. Was curious as to the current fishing reports. We have done well in the past, any general info would be appreciated and I will give report on my return. What is the water temp? Seems like it's been chilly in the area. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Boy on 7-17. Last Sat thru Mon. we were able to fish and did fairly well. Caught some 15"- 17" eyes and some 22"-24". Lots of small northern also some very nice sunnies. Starting Tues. the weather changed to cold rain and 25mph winds and the fishing died. Thur. and Fri. weather man used the words wind chill. Got so bad came home day early. If you can get some stable weather you should do well. I'd go back today if I could. Good Luck!!!

I'm sorry to hear you had bad/terrible weather. If you don't mind me asking, where did you catch your walleyes (location/depth/presentation etc)?

Also, has anyone ever fished Boy for Muskies? Largest fish I've caught on Boy was a 34" Northern a couple years back. I've heard there's musky in the lake, I just haven't seen one yet.

We fished the north (main) part of boy. Best fishing was using shallow running minnow baits over the tops of the weeds, we just kept moving around until we picked some up then worked that area. Also used lindy rig with leech again over the tops of the weeds. Best sunnie action was around the island, crawlers or small leech was best. Picked up couple smallie's to. Purple and blue were good colors. Hope this helps good luck.

Has anyone fished Boy for Muskies or have heard about anyone fishing it for Muskies??

Any info would be very helpfull!

• 2 weeks later...

I am planning a trip to Big Boy in September. Any reports or advise will be greatly appreciated. Did hear that the late day bite was the best for walleye.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen people muskie fishing there. And I have heard stories about muskies on boy but I heve never seen one there.

• 3 weeks later...

Spotty,

Some are doing really good. others not so well. It may take you a while to find the fish. If you do stick to that spot

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to get a little info about the lake I'll be up there later this week with a group from teen challenge, sure would appreciate some help, plan on targeting walleyes, thanks