• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake Fishing Reports

So I was out on Medicine Lake today on a boat across the water of the public dock that is housed by W Medicine Lake Drive but by the plateau that separates the two "dead end" areas. Basically on the SW side of the lake near the condo complex. I didn't catch or feel a bite for my four hours. I am trying to catch Walleye, Pike, Bass, something other than panfish.

I am wondering where people are catching their game fish. Could someone please kindly respond or PM me if needed. I am fairly new to this lake and trying to find a decent area. Are people fishing simply the "middle" of the lake or is there a special spot to go?

Thank you kindly!

4 hours in one spot with no bites? I know I used to get complacent and not move even when I wasn't catching fish. I haven't been out there in a few weeks. Last time I was, the fish were still shallow, less than 12 FOW. Don't know if they've moved out, but you still should be able to find bass/pike when you find weedlines. I would move around until you find the fish. Maybe try trolling the weedlines until you get something?

4 hours in one spot with no bites? I know I used to get complacent and not move even when I wasn't catching fish. I haven't been out there in a few weeks. Last time I was, the fish were still shallow, less than 12 FOW. Don't know if they've moved out, but you still should be able to find bass/pike when you find weedlines. I would move around until you find the fish. Maybe try trolling the weedlines until you get something?

Not just in one spot, but along the weed line from the condos north to where the peninsula starts to curve right at the tip. I was trying a deep and a shallow lure, x-rap. No leader, just a nice knot and plenty of time to spare.

During the summer I usually just fish medicine from shore with my son, going for pannies, but there were a couple of people drowning suckers at the park on the southwest side of the lake, off the dock with no railings, and they got 4 bass and a couple of pike in about 2 hours.

The few times I have taken a boat out, we did pretty good on the middle of the lake on the big sunken island. Got some bass, pike, and 1 eye

mas,

I believe I understand the spot you are talking about. It's a spot that seems like it should be great but never is.

I have fished it several times just because I think it should hold something and have caught nothing on it. I'll bet there is a window when it does have fish on it - and somebody knows when that is but by and large most of the rest of the lake produces more consistently.

Next time try the points that taper slowly. I have always done better on gradual drops out there vs. steep ones.

Sorry Mas. Wasn't trying to be sarcastic with my earlier post. Just sounded like me at times (yes, I'm the guy who sometimes IS too lazy to move around much). The other thing you can do is stop by Harty's on the east side. Nice guy and he's probably the most in tune with what's going on. I'll actually be out tomorrow afternoon. Black/red Pro-V.

Sorry Mas. Wasn't trying to be sarcastic with my earlier post. Just sounded like me at times (yes, I'm the guy who sometimes IS too lazy to move around much). The other thing you can do is stop by Harty's on the east side. Nice guy and he's probably the most in tune with what's going on. I'll actually be out tomorrow afternoon. Black/red Pro-V.

No problem, I didn't think anything of it. We did actually rent from Hardy's, and this is our third time doing so. We asked Joe if he knew anything but he really acted like he didn't know for some reason, or was just hesitant to say anything. My friend and I are very respectful of him, my grandpa and I used to rent from his dad I believe (20 years ago). I guess I am frustrated because I am transitioning from panfish to game fish. I know I have a good reel/rod and tackle. I have seen countless youtube videos on how to maneuver a lure through the water. I just cannot get this going in the right direction. Its like I hit a wall and need a personal assistant to help me...lol

Anyways, where is this sucken island?

Go to the DNR's website and get the map they have. You'll see the sunken islands on the SE side. I'll probably give them a shot today.

mas. go due west from hardys on that shore line. fish the weededge. ive done very good the few times i fished it. havent done so for 3 weeks though. so who knows. lots of pike and a few bass. two of the bass going in the 3-4 l range easy. look for me saturday morning if anyones out there. red and gray ranger tiller.

Does anyone know the status of the launch on the lake?

Last time I was there it was awfully shallow. Has the water level gone up at all?

Jac714, the launch is still fairly shallow. I have no problem launching my boat but you might have a problem if you have a big pleasure boat.

ameyers41, was that you yesterday in the Black Lund with the 75 HP tiller?

Yep, that was me. Were you out there? We were messing around all over the lake, sadly with not much success. Couple little sunnies and a small pike.

Jac714, the launch is still fairly shallow. I have no problem launching my boat but you might have a problem if you have a big pleasure boat.

That depends on your definition of big, I have a Starcraft Superfisherman 170 (17 ft/75 hp outboard/Deep Vee)

I am trying to decide between Medicine and Fish for my neighbors (6 year old boy) first boat fishing trip.

The last time I was on Medicine it cost me a prop getting away from the landing to the main body of the lake.

Where on Medicine would you go to find some pannies?

Jac714, you should be able to launch your boat. If you screwed up your prop last time out, then I'd use your trolling motor untill you're out in deeper water.

ameyers41, I was out there. I walked right past you while you were at the launch.

MedMan - Were you the one that came in while I was waiting for my buddy to grab something, then went back out?

MedMan - Were you the one that came in while I was waiting for my buddy to grab something, then went back out?

Yup, that was me.

anyone goin out tomorrow morning saturday the 11th. i will be out there around 8 am. look for a gray and red ranger tiller. i'm taking my brother so stop by and say hi. and maybe trade some info. Happy fishing.

I troll around the sunken islands. Use really deep driving plugs with 14-20lb fireline, need to tickle it bottom, fish 18-24ft water.

anyone goin out tomorrow morning saturday the 11th. i will be out there around 8 am. look for a gray and red ranger tiller. i'm taking my brother so stop by and say hi. and maybe trade some info. Happy fishing.
i'll be out there in the morning also i'll be the one fishing alone in a older trihull all i've been catching is small panfish a decent bass every now and then

hardwaterguy. i saw a trihull running into that back bay where the condos are. i think it was red sides with a white bottom if i remember correct. was that you? i was fishing the western shore leading into that bay where all those weeds that hit the surface are.

mine has a brown stripe and the rest is white i was all over the lake this morning going back in about a hour until dark for the evening bite i do better then than in the morning