• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Caught about 20 eyes right by sprit island.. Was up for the 4th of july, crawlers on floating green jig.. Biggest one was 26 inches. Had a lot of fun!!!!!!

Nice catch! Glad to hear that area is heating up. Sounds like the river is still holding a few good fish, I was getting a little pessimistic with low water and lack of rain but there is stil hope! Now if I would only fix the popped rivet in my boat I could get out again.

I was fishing in 10' to 20' It was on the north side of the lake right by bouy 33 so they might consider it the river still... Lots of bites, my crawler got bite off by the hook many of times.. Anyone else have any luck on the st. Louis or by the lake at all

Couldnt get on the lake so I hit some spots on the river. 1st stop produce a 45" muskie on a 57 chev bomber long A and a few smaller eyes. I then ran up river farther and emediately got into the nice eyes. 1st 2 fish were twin 26"ers. Went threw 2 dozen crawlers and had a blast with eyes and catfish. Eyes were all nice sized and the cats ran from 12" to about 28".

Windy and cold but the bite was HOT.

Bottom bouncers and spinners with crawlers worked best but when my bow mount batterys died I went to trolling cranks and got some nice fish doing that as well.

Depths ran from 4' to 26' so the fish are still pretty spread out but the shallow bite seems best when we get some good winds.

Back at it tomorrow. If I get blown off the big lake again Ill hit the river again. Also got some fish in the Nemadji this morning on jigs and gulp shiners.

trolled cranks. found fish. went to spinners and crawlers.

Yum!!!!

Another good day on the river. Fish seemed shallower than yesterday but still many in the deeper channel bends. Look for weeds that are at or near the sharp drop into the channel and you will find fish.

Spinners and crawlers as well as sticks provided action again. Who says the river is down this summer?

Northlander where were you fishing when you got into the walleyes, I was on the north east corner of spirt lake had done well but not the best..... Thanks for the tips good luck fishing...

I fished that area a bit and picked up a few as well as the channel stretch and humps above 61 to the Oliver. The Arrowhead flats and channel as well as old creek bed produced some fish. Basically I found some fish every place I stopped. Spinners on big bouncers were best but sticks and cranks are also putting out fish.

I really wanted to hit some areas around the bong but the wind was just too much.

What were you driving? Maybe I saw you.

The St. Louis River seperates Duluth Mn. and Superior Wi. in its lower stretches.

I was in the white warrior just got back today.. I met some real losers at the boat lauch last night, there where mad beacause I was on here talking about how the fishing was, what else is this site for, Well back to fishing friday got about six eyes lots of bites, and then last night it was really slow just a couple.. What boat where you in Northlander...

17' Lund Explorer with a 115 yamaha 4 stroke. Fishing MN decal on the windshield and Amsoil/Lund decals on the motor.

I have been down there a couple of times in the last week, BIG fish, 2 at 29 several 26ers and a bunch of 16-17's in the area of Spirit lake

what speed do you guys troll when using crawlers with a spinner?

do you adjust different speeds for if your going against or with the wind or current?

I fish Lake Superior a lot.

As for spinners I like 1.0-1.6 into the current and usually 1.4 to 1.8 with it. It will all depend on the day, current, blade size etc etc. Usually about 1.2 when on the flats.