• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable long Fourth weekend. Temps up here in the Blackduck area were favorable to fishing and it was a great time to be on the open water (how great is it to sit on the boat, watch the eagles soar, deer come up to the shore and the loons playing..and to catch some fish!).

On Blackduck the best bet is early morning and you will find several anglers out in the early evening hitting the walleye bite. Not quite as gangbusters over the weekend as it had been (haven't seen that many limits of walleyes coming out of the lake in a long time) but still plenty of walleyes coming off the lake for those working the bars in the 7 to 12' depths using leeches. We did hit one of the lakes we like for panfish yesterday for a few hours mid day and not much luck for us, but then found out we should've been there earlier as we ran into some friends who had been out panfishing in the morning and they ended up doing very well on walleye in the 6 to 9 foot depths. The panfish have been doing fairly decent, jig tipped with wax worms or small leech working the weedlines at most of the area lakes, and I just talked to one of our guests who was dock fishing at one of the smaller lakes and he kept six nice sunnies and threw a bunch back. We haven't had the chance to make it to Upper Red Lake lately, but our guests are still getting the walleye working the 6 to 9 foot depths pulling a spinner tipped with leeches and saying that the water temps are warming up and the pike are starting to get more active!

grinDrake great to hear from you!!! Please keep us up to date on the bite. It will be a few weeks before I get up there but I like keep my finger on the pulse.

EYE

The computer part of the Drake team has been out of state for several weeks, and am about to head out the door again, but it was good to be home and get some fishing time in and get a little something on here! Who else hit the lakes up here the last few days?