• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

STONEY POINT PARKING (OR LACK OF...)

I know it's a trend lately, and I also realize it is a super busy weekend, but,,,

Give me a break! When I looked at the approximately 16 spots at Stoney on Friday morning at 6am, there were 9 spots occupied by small cars, single trucks, parked unhooked trailers, and even and unhooked jet ski trailer!

You could tell they were from overnight too judging from all the mayflies on them.

This is selfish, naivity, or stupidity. I understand the campground has limited parking likely, but for being one of the first 5 or so rigs at the access, I was ticked we had to park on the edge of a narrow road screwing up the only way in to the park while lazy clown are occupying the double long truck/trailer spots with their MEEP MEEP cars and unhooked jet ski trailers...

I could see in Waconia, but come on!!

S 16, I have seen the same problem the last few weeks. For the most part, I launch at Stoney Point and have come to notice a lot of cars in the access parking lot without trailers. I have heard that there has been talk about adding more accesses and making more parking at certain accesses. There is nothing more frustrating than having to wait for someone who is by themselves to launch or land their boat just because they have to park up to a half mile away because that is their only parking option. Let alone to have to do it yourself while others want to launch and you have to walk 5-10 minutes just to get to your truck.

The parking at the campground is the issue. More than one vehicle and they make you park it at the launch.

Very counter productive.