• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Please Help - The Drive is Killing Me !

Looking for a lake with a good Largemouth population closer to Duluth. Been driving 1.5 - 2.5 hours east, west or south to find decent fish. Need mid to high numbers to keep a 15yo engaged and a 3+ pounder every now and then to keep dad happy.

Love the smallies in the area, but like the habitat and tactics for LMB as well.

Anything less than an hour out? Will go any direction, even into Packer country.

dont overlook many of the smaller lakes that are 40 to 150 acres in size. there are plenty of them that have awsome largemouth populations. my cabin is on one of em.

Chub is a good LMB Lake. There are a lot of others within 45 minutes of the Miller Hill Mall.

Caribou is the only one worth fishing for largies in my opinion. Fish largemouth numbers are low and they are small. Same for Nicols.

Borderview, Douglas County is full of some of the best LMB & SMB fishing in the area. These species are rarely pursued on my lake. Drop me an email address and I'll forward the details. I'm reluctant to post here because the smaller lakes just can't handle the flood of anglers a post will generate.

Thanks for the input. Will hit Chub for sure. Very difficult to find LMB info at the DNR web site. They say bass are net shy so lake data does not give a good picture.

Used to fish Caribou, found 5 small snakes to every small bass.

Not sure how to find email addresses for posters. Poacher's you can reach me - rlb44 at q dot com - Would love to hear from Hound32 or Deep Down as well.

Thanks Guys