• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

iron range fishing trip

went north by the hibbing-grand rapids area,water temp was between 70-73 degrees....found alot of fresh bait fish...etc.caught alot of walleyes drifting and anchoring down on them when i found them between 8-16 feet depended on the time of day....anyways the trick this time was trying to stay on them,to much bait fish right now so crawlers are a bad bet..minnows and leeches were the best by far...the walleyes will not be active until the fresh bait fish are eaten up,thinking early august will be time for rigging with crawlers..anyways try to stay simple too with the presentation,nothing flashy worked for me,going to mil lacs today....going to try big jigs and bounce them on the walleyes heads when i do find them drifting or anchoring....the walleyes are lazy now,why chase bait when you got mouthfulls of fresh minnows right in front of ya,good luck to all....