• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

just bought a shimano sedona2500 help

mrpike1973

hi just bought this reel im not bashing it but does any one else own one when im retrieving spinnerbaits and spoons it feels a little rough not awful but more noticable than the last reel i had is this normal. this is the best reel i have bought i have a sheakespeare deminsion it seems smoother but a cheaper reel i dont want to return it unless you fellow fmers think different

I have several some pushing 14 years old and they all are smooth. I don't have a newer version though and like everything else what used to be great is so so now.

I have 3, one older and two newer and I have been very happy with all of them.

you know i bought a sahara 4000 and was practicing with it and noticed the same thing. I took it apart and oiled it and what a difference. might try that.

Might have had some extra un needed packing grease. If you are un happy with it, return it or exchange it for a new one. OR get a hold of Shimano cust service. It should be smooth, no rough spot.

I love the Sedonas and have many of them. I get them when they are on sale and they have been very good and smooth for me. Always try out the reels in the store. If you just got it and its not smooth take it back and exchange it for a new one.

Otherwise if you cant exchange it for some reason take Dietz's advice.