• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

taking son camping?

wmn luv me walleye fearme

Taking my 4 yr old camping for the first time next sunday. Just going one night and close to home. Was thinking about Baker park or Carver park reserve. Any suggestions between the two? Just planning on heading out there about 2-3 and swimming maybe do some shore fishing. Also any issues getting a spot do you think since the weekend people are heading home?

Thanks

I've heard good things about the Lake Auburn campgound in Victoria. Should have some good shore fishing and a beach to swim.

lake auburn is primitive iwould go to bakers lake independence that is the cleanest campground bath i have ever seen

I also endorse the lake independence campground. Beautiful setting and the lake is very nice as well. May be tough to get a weekend spot there tho.

I've heard good things about the Lake Auburn campgound in Victoria. Should have some good shore fishing and a beach to swim.

No flush toilets, but a great place. Nice playground and close to the DQ smile

thanks for the info. Called Baker to make sure sunday wouldnt be a problem and they let me know by noon place clears out pretty good. Figured a couple trial runs this year close to home and hopefully by next season have him up on Vermilion or Kabetogama camping with me.