• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm bringing the family to White Eagle Resort Saturday for our 7th annual week on Vermilion. I'm driving a 17'Sylvan with a full windshield, and will primarily be fishing bass and Muskie - unless the bobber fishing is good enough around the reefs to keep the kids interested. Say hello if you see me. I'd be happy to go out for muskie or smallies with anyone that needs a partner, or even share some info.

I will be staying at Whispering Winds Resort on Jacobson point that week. I will keep an eye out for you. My fishing will also be dictated by what will keep my kids interest. So lets hope the bobber bite is good because i dont want to spend alot of time gill fishing. I can do that without driving 700 miles.

When out with the kids and the bobbers bite isn't happening, the only other safe (as in snag-proof) fishing I've had fun with is throwing scum frogs for bass. We go to any of the little weedy and lilly pad filled bays in that corner of the Lake. Not any size to them, and tough to hook, but the blowups and occassional catch get the kids pretty excited. Pretty decent population of dinky largemouth there - when the timing is right. I think other weedless frogs would do just as good, but scum frogs are cheaper relative to other brands, and my kids have dragged them through weeds, and bounced then of docks, canvas canopies, and each other without any problems. Beats sitting in a boat watching every one fish while you run a childrens tackle shop during a gill fishing outing smile

Great idea bonefish. coolI was thinking about letting them toss weedless jigs for smallmouth which is somewhat safe but a weedless topwater for bass takes the rocks out of the equation. It also gives them a chance at a few northern. Thanks for the advice.

Indy, Jeremy at Whispering Winds will work hard to set you up on some fish. Certainly will try to find you some bobber style eyes, there are some nice places he's got, can also sometimes pick up some big evening smallies on leeches in the same spots. Bring or buy a map at the resort, he'll talk your ear off and mark the [PoorWordUsage] out of it at the very least.

He's more of a muskie man this time of year,so you'll have no trouble on that if your interested, he loves late evening and after dark so some potential there if the kids are young enough to have to go to bed early...