• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What's been going on on Pelican? I will be up next week and need a report. All I have heard so far is that the bluegills have not spawned yet. What's up with that? It's the bleedin' fourth of July. Come on Sled, what's the word?

Wow! I'll let you know if we do anything unusual or we hit something that we shouldn't have.

Im about to stop fishing bass and go walleye only for the rest of the season

was up last weekend we had a great bite caught every thing that Pelican has to offer except Walleyes lots of spawn in the Bluegills

I was on Pelican last week and caught my usual Northerns and Bass. I went out early on Saturday to target Walleye and caught my first (and only) Pelican lake Walleye in 15 fow on a Lindy rig tipped with a leech.

They do exist.

we were out on sunday and probably caught 50 bass, vast majority being largemouth. We spent half of the day finding new spots. and the wind made the lake almost unfishable for the afternoon. Nothing over 4 lbs. Might be the last time I fish it for the year as the Rainy Lake walleyes are calling me.

was at Pelican from June 27-July 3. Weather was interesting to say the least at the beginning of the week. Water temp dropped 12 degrees from Sat to Wednesday, from the cold and the wind. Caught a ton of bluegills(300-400), they were shallow before the cold and then dropped a bit deeper. Caught numerous 3-4 lb bass while fishing for gills biggest being a 19.5 inch smallie. Typical 100 or so northerns, with most under slot, saw one try and eat one of our bluegills that was at the top end of the slot or over. Crappies were caught at dusk on little spinners around islands. Finally on Friday after the winds went down we went for walleyes and got three, trolling baby bluegill shad raps. I have been to pelican about 8 or 9 times and always caught walleyes. From the sounds of it I am in the minority. We catch them trolling cranks and harnesses. I cant wait until next year.

I catch walleyes there fishing for bass every so often. I always catch them in 4 feet or less of water

Rather that running my face about how we did, tell me how to get photos on this site and I will post the pictures when they come back. (old foggie film camera). We did well from last sunday (5th) until Friday morning the 10th. We caught good numbers and some real pigs. Pan fishing was spotty but with three women and two kids, it was work especially with the wind.