• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Restaurants in Park Rapids area

I was looking for some recommendations in the Park Rapids and surrounding areas of quality restaurants.

Thanks

I highly reccomend the buffet at the Dorset House in Dorset, (5 or so miles east and 2 miles north) the have the BEST pizza, and unbelievable ice cream. (ate there saturday for supper)

If you like German food, try the Brau Haus(sp) on HWY 34 east of Nevis. They are really good, and have some neat german beers as well. the waitresses dress up in german clothes and its kinda neat.

I havent eaten at the velvet antler restaurant on HWY 34 west of nevis, but i've heard its good.

theres my reviews!

Compeneros, Dorset House, Zorbaz, Brauhaus...

There is also a new place that opened up in Downtown Park Rapids called the Good life Cafe.... just opened this week, havent been in there but I think they should have some good offerings...

The Pizza Barn has their buffet on Tuesday evenings. grin That's as much quality as I need.

Zorbaz is really good, I have a cabin on the lake that its next to.

The west 40 has a very good breakfast, never ate there for lunch or supper.

otherwise like was mentioned before the Dorset house is good, it has the best icecream smile we go there just for the icecream after a nice bike ride on the heartland trail.

If you're looking for an experience for the family and good food- I say go to the Logging Camp (on Co. Hwy 18 about 3 mi NE of Park Rapids).

Good burger and cheap beer- the Royal on Main in PR.

Decent food and good beer- the Brau Haus in Nevis on Hwy 34.

Expensive beer, overpriced food, and fun atmosphere- Zorbaz in between Big Sandy Lake and Little Sandy Lake-N of Dorset on Hwy 7.

Really good food- anywhere else mentioned on this post.

If you're looking for an experience for the family and good food- I say go to the Logging Camp (on Co. Hwy 18 about 3 mi NE of Park Rapids).

Good burger and cheap beer- the Royal on Main in PR.

Decent food and good beer- the Brau Haus in Nevis on Hwy 34.

Expensive beer, overpriced food, and fun atmosphere- Zorbaz in between Big Sandy Lake and Little Sandy Lake-N of Dorset on Hwy 7.

Really good food- anywhere else mentioned on this post.

I don't think zoraz is over priced, you get what you pay for... come to the cities if you want over priced food.

Ya, in the cities it would just be another chain restaurant...I must admit that we get spoiled a bit up here with menu prices-directly correlative with our lower salaries, home prices, and poverty rate.

Zorbaz is well worth the money (even though the food has never really impressed me), especially if its a nice night and you can get a spot on that sweet deck of theirs...

Velvet Antler is great- good local ownership too.

BK- it looks like we play in the same neighborhoods-I deer hunt the Olivia area and work/fish PR area. Do you venture off the Sandies much when you're up?

Zorbaz for mexican food and they make some killer drinks too! For ice fishing Zorbaz is my "go to" place.

Get a bacon cheeseburger at the Royal no matter what. I visit from indy every other year and eat there at least 3 times in a week.

Ya, in the cities it would just be another chain restaurant...I must admit that we get spoiled a bit up here with menu prices-directly correlative with our lower salaries, home prices, and poverty rate.

Zorbaz is well worth the money (even though the food has never really impressed me), especially if its a nice night and you can get a spot on that sweet deck of theirs...

Velvet Antler is great- good local ownership too.

BK- it looks like we play in the same neighborhoods-I deer hunt the Olivia area and work/fish PR area. Do you venture off the Sandies much when you're up?

Not too much I spend alot of my time on Little Sand, eventho they are connected i've never fished big sand. I would'nt know where to start on that lake. We spend a week at breezy point resort on straight lake (osage) ever year, even though we have a cabin a short drive away. It has more to do with seeing the people rather then seeing the area.

When bow season opens I spend most of my time in my backyard :), Im thinking about trying that paul bunyon forest this fall, big woods=big deer... hopefully. I rifle hunt in remer, My uncle owns some land that we use.

How about you?

If you want you can e-mail me [email protected] and we can talk smile

We eat at zorbaz a lot, thats a cool place to hang out and have a good pizza. Our favorite is the Velvet Antler, awesome food, HUGE portions for breakfast, and great pricing for the amount of food.

Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like some good options to try in the area.

Velvet Antler (AKA Fuzzy Horn).....

Nice Place, Good service

Zorbaz in Park Rapids must be the exception to the Rule. (Never been there)

Because the one in Detroit Lakes sucks

as does the one on Ottertail Lake and Little Pine lake, over priced and "poor service".

I remember a few years ago having to chase the cockroaches away at the one on

little pine.

Talk about dirty.....

If you want GOOD mexican food, go to Companeros. That is the only mexican food I will eat in this state.

Agree with KMR. We've been there 10-12 times. Love it. For some reason, we go to the pizza place in Walker a lot too (the one with the ice cream shop also). Pizza's good, but cheap pitchers of beer are even better.

We going to be up July 2 to the 5th we have a cabin that we stay at.And on july 18to the 25th we staying at a different cabin at beezy point on straight lake. Where are you staying?

Ok well I am kind of an expert on eating and I know PR very well. Companeros is one of my favorites also in Dorset one that hasn't been mentioned is LA Pastas which is across the street from Companeros and next to the Dorset house. They have awesome itailan food and a really good breakfast. But these two places you will have a long wait for supper always packed. I like to go to them at lunch time or during the week as it is usually not so busy. The Dorset House always was one of my Grandpas favorites. I am a Zorbas fan as well I like their menu and they have anything you want for drinks. For breakfast my favorite the logging camp that is just a really neat place and if you leave hungary it is your own fault. Velvet Antler is really good too eat there often. Blueberry Pines golf course has a really good brunch buffet on Sun. The West 40 and Hilltop are another couple of my favorite places that are kind of a special place for my family.

Two places that have been mentioned before are the Logging camp and also Companeros!! You need to get to Companeros around 5pm or you will be waiting a long time.

HILLTOP INN IN HUBBARD HAS EXCELLENT FOOD AND IS RELATIVELY CHEAP...HAD A PARTY OF 9 AND WE ALL ATE RIBS AND HIGHER END MEALS...WAS ONLY $120 FOR ALL OF US....GREAT RIBS...GIVE THEM A TRY

HUBBARD IS ON THE SOUTH END OF LONG LAKE