• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Waconia Fishing Reports

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckKiller

• MinnetonkaMan

• jjohnson5150

• ROOOOSTERFISH

Can anyone confirm ice depth in waconia bay and wagners bay? I'd like to get the wheel house out next weekend but won't unless there is 13".

i measured 12.5" on cemetery reef last night, i think you will be fine getting your house out unless its the size of a semi trailer, tons of houses and trucks on the ice, plenty of not so smart people too driving 50+ mph and whipping doughnuts out there, had a guy come within 30 feet going well over 30, holy cow does that make the ice pop and bang

I'm hoping to be able to get the wheelhouse out to Waconia by this evening, but I'm not sure the surface layer will be froze by then. I've heard inches of water were on area lakes yesterday. My plan is to check with the marina before heading on the lake. Does anyone else have an opinion on whether the area lakes might be good to go later?

I'd wait until tomorrow if you can. It's supposed to go down to 3° tonight, which should give you a better surface to drop your wheel house on.

I have been out fishing Thursday in the rain and Friday on lake Johanna.

The standing water ranged in depth from almost none to 3-4 inches.

I believe it will take another cold night for it all to freeze.

Tight Lines !!!!

I have been out fishing Thursday in the rain and Friday on lake Johanna.

The standing water ranged in depth from almost none to 3-4 inches.

I believe it will take another cold night for it all to freeze.

Tight Lines !!!!

hey antidenti welsome to HSO

Sifty

I'm out on waconia now. Everything froze solid again. No layers or pockets in the ice. Good thing the nfl is on. Otherwise I'd be out of my skull due to this terrible bite. Took some advice and went more shallow than normal, but wish I would have stuck to my deeper spot.