• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Waconia Fishing Reports

PJ and I went looking for bass - I know it's a sad state of affairs there. We tried deep, shallow, trolling, cranks, dropshots, swimbaits just about everything but live bait. We caught some respectible bass but did not develop any pattern that worked consistently. I can report the water has cleared and the weeds are still green and growing. So are the skeeters. Nice night out on the water and we had fun trying to dream up something that might work. Cuz we had a lot of stuff that wasn't.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckKiller

• MinnetonkaMan

• jjohnson5150

• ROOOOSTERFISH

Was out tonight looking for some walters, no luck, The water is to warm yet at 75 degrees. Have to wait a few weeks yet.

Hey Mark ... sorry to be off topic but I went to school with your sons and I am sure you know my wife Maria Parent now Allan after we got married, from church. Just wanted to send a hey to you and David from Maria and I.

Gonna do Waconia Thursday morning, hope the bass like the Ideas I come up with. I'm gonna try for the pike too. Do the Crappies bight at all in the morning, or would I be wasting my time?

• 2 months later...

What does Waconia ice look like?? What is the prediction that people will be on the ice in the bay?? Other lakes in Carver county??

smile

I drove past Waconia yesterday. The main part of the lake was WIDE open. There was a small amount of shoreline ice, but it's got a ways to go yet. I did not get close enough to town bay to really tell, but I did see open water as far as I could see from Island View. The snow / wind tomorrow & Wed is not going to help lock it up.

I could be wrong but I beleive Waconia ice looks just like any other kind of ice. Clear, hard, and most likely a few cracks.

Sorry, couldnt help myself.

I could be wrong but I beleive Waconia ice looks just like any other kind of ice. Clear, hard, and most likely a few cracks.

grin

"I don't care who you are...that's funny right there"

Cracks on Waconia are special.

Looks like those cracks in the ice are going to be covered by a half a foot of snow. Proceed with caution!

• 2 weeks later...

was out yesterday 4:00 pm got a great bite for a few minutes then nothing for 7 more hours. where we were we had a good 10 inches of great ice. saw people driving out in cars and light trucks already.... marked many fish on the vex but nothing really interested

Do people get into nice bass on wiconia in the winter? during open water I landed a few nice sized ones but was just curious to know if people fish for them during ice?

Also, is there a pretty nice eye population?

Just doing a drive by this afternoon on the South end of Waconia and saw what looked to be an S-10 out on the ice just east of the Marina.

Sealegs

There have been small trucks and cars on Waconia since at least last Friday when I was out there. The ice was really banging. There is between 10 and 11 inches of ice in the bay out in front of the marina.

I was out there on Tuesday and there was small trucks, minivans and cars on Pillsbury. And later in the day a 1/2 ton pickup came out and moved a house. Not my idea of safe considering there was 5 inches of ice about 50 yards away.

LOL Yeah i am glad none of the trucks pulled up next to me on the 5" of ice that my house was sitting on. The 5 inches that Mike is talkin about FYI. In-Towne was going to try and mark the 5" area as they said that it was less than they had heard of lately. Not sure if they did though. And they dont usually mark roads just plow roads.

Last night a car drove right next to my house and snowmobile. It was probably safe enough with 8" of ice but if you are going to risk early season driving don't include me in your decision.

I seen a a few half tons on the lake by the fish house and the water wasn't splashing through the holes at all 10 1/2 inches of ice

Tonight there was some knob flying across the lake in a red car at about 30 mph between the island and the marina. Just shook my head. Glad they stayed away from our group of portables.

whats up plz dont give up the crappie hole on this forum u know what im sayin.going out there this weekend sat so if u get this before that and u want to go let me know.