• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Waconia Fishing Reports

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckKiller

• MinnetonkaMan

• jjohnson5150

• ROOOOSTERFISH

Fever,

It depends on the city and the county the event is being held in. For Waconia it was free if I remember right. That was the 3rd event out of 6 we are hosting this year. Some of the lakes require permit fees, pavillion rentals, deposits, etc so it depends on the body of water. Hennepin County lakes are a whole different animal which is why we didn't host an event on a HC lake this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Thinking of heading out to Waconia this afternoon for some bass fishing. I've been reading a these posts and been getting the itch to target these deeper water bass. I've found myself in a rut of topwater fishing in the evenings with limited success and would like to find some deeper schools of big fish and try some of these techniques. I know this will be a lot of trial and error, but any recommendations on some go-to presentations for deep water Waconia bass? Was going to stop by Cabin Fever in Victoria this afternoon to pick up some DT-16's and some 10-inch worms to either jig/texas-rig. Was planning on targeting deeper inside turns and points, and hopefully can find some rock/sand/weed transition areas, but not sure what part of the lake has the rocks I'm looking for. Any advice would be appreciated!

I had good luck with deep diver jointed shad rap last weekend. Didn't get the size I wouldve liked in the fish. I had the same idea as you with the bigger fish being deeper. All I got were three pounds and under. Weedlines at steeper dropoffs. parallel to the weeds. Good luck!

Thanks Boiler, I made it out on Friday afternoon, and found a few bass on the deep weed edges. All fish were caught on a jig and 10-inch power worm, and were in the 2-3 lb. range. There is so much structure to fish on Waconia and still trying to figure out the lake. I'm excited to get out again and work some new water. Hoping to find some larger schools of bigger bass!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Was out for half of the day this past Saturday and found a lot of 6-6.5" I'm sure were looking at a little more than that as of right now.

there were some springs causing bad ice out in wagners. I'd recommend stopping by their shop before venturing. They know the lake well.

This is from 12/22/11 from In Towne Marina, Today we did another ice check out front and found about 8 inches. It's good clear ice. As always, keep an eye out for springs and anything marked with branches. Having said that we are very happy with the ice. We've used our 4-wheeler to pull a couple of small rental houses into Waconia Bay and felt comfortable doing so. We have not brought our bigger wheel houses out yet, but we will wait until we are closer to driving ice. If you're thinking about coming out to rent a fish house, we've got a couple of 4-holers on the ice ready to go. As of now, our hours continue to be 9 am until 5:30 pm. We will be closed on Christmas Day. After Christmas, we will be extending our hours. Monday-Friday, we will be open from 7:30 am until 6 pm. Saturday and Sunday we will be open from 6:30 am - 6 pm. We hope everyone has a safe and happy holidays!

full-32766-15338-m_358251bfddcb344dd3d83

full-32766-15339-m_3200563de918dbf8407ca

full-32766-15342-m_cd48d74b912e069b817f5

Good solid ice a few years back no snow. Warmed up got windy and shacks including mine went in but luckly 3trucks and a come along got her back Out on waconia thought i would share havent been out there sense.. Thanks to the in Towne Marina my buddy Tony talks with they let him kno the ice house was looking like a bobber

I walked out from the access to Andersons yesterday. 6-8" of Ice where I checked. Couple people rode wheeler to their permanent that you can see from the access. Still to early for me. I'll wait and just hoof it.

Walked out of In towne Marina saturday morn. All i found were 70 or so small perch. The Ice was 8" everywhere i drilled. Boy was it singing when the warm sun came up...

Ice seemed less than 8" as mentioned above last night, I'd guess closer to 6" in the bay. C&R'ed 3 crappies tons of perch and one northern yesterday afternoon.

any luck out on anderson's? i was thinking of giving it a try but have been doing ok on crappie elsewhere so wouldn't wanna waste my time if i don"t have to.

Saw a few guys out there a couple days ago. Ice is starting to peak 10 inches in spots. Do watch out for small springs and the occasional crack. Also North of Pillsbury Reef has some thinner ice in about 8ft of water. Conditions seem to only improve.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, Im heading out to Waconia tonight for some eye's and crappies. Any tips would be much helpful because I've never fished the lake before. Thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So wheres the hot bite been boys? I have had some luck straight out from lolas a ways out but nothing really of size. Looking for a few nice eyes.

havent been on waconia yet been pounding crappies on other lakes no need to deal with the zoo when I can fish by myself!!!

hey nutter im going to tonka I havent fished waconia yet but got a couple good lakes been catching crappies hit me up with a pm if interested since you shared a catfish spot that I never even tried.