• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Waconia Fishing Reports

Lots of great fishing on the quiet east half of the lake. I never ever fish with the crowds on the west side. The ice should be good all over, but just ask InTowne to be safe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckKiller

• MinnetonkaMan

• jjohnson5150

• ROOOOSTERFISH

any reports for here lately. i wanna go here sat and try to find some crappies and possibly some nice sunnies. i was thinking about going on a weedline away from everyone else. Thanks

To find crappies it seems that they are sitting deep you can catch some on the breaklines but you'll have better success deeper in like 20-24 fow. Sunfish have been hard this year a ton of weeds that are usually healthy have died and are laying on the bottom. You have the chance of catching a 12 inch or bigger crappie out there so I think it would be worth your time. The crappies don't bite until almost dark and throughout the night!!! Good luck and report how you do. Intowne has a nice road out to the popular areas.

I was out today and found crappies suspended in 22 FOW. Crappies bit hard from 2:00pm until 5:30pm. They were still there but turned off at dark for me. I also found a sunny spot one after another but with no size. That was 12 FOW. Felt good to be fishing since been out of state for the last month. Ice conditions are good.

Fished off of Pilsbury/Wagners Bay tonight in 24 FOW - Got 4 decent keepers (9-10") between 2 guys - Tons of 3-6" crappies. We had 8 feet of solid fish marks on the electronics. Maybe the bigger ones bite later. We left at 8.

How's the traffic out there? is there still a ton of houses out there or are did a good amount of them back it in when the melt came?

• 2 weeks later...

They were still biting last weekend. I found them all over the lake from deep to shallow but mid range had the most active and best size. Truck travel is probably done. Had a report that Lolas landing and Wagners bay landing looked pretty scary. The east end main access was in good shape but that's a long way to drive across the lake to the better spots. Lots of little ones mixed with big ones for non stop action. The marina is closed for the season so make sure you get your bait before you hit the lake. This is the best time of year to get after them and their were only ten trucks on the whole lake last Sunday night. Four wheeler will be fine still. When I left last weekend their was 24+ inches of good ice still!!!!! Ill be out tomorrow night giving it a shot. Its not long now until their will be no access to the lake so get out there. Small ponds in the south were breaking up when we were putting wood duck boxes out today and ducks/ geese where everywhere.

PM me to please.

I want to take my son out 1 more time.

Also where does a guy park so he can walk out?

was out today, the east side to get on and took the wagners bay access off. looks really scary but the main ice is still fairly good. Top 4 inches or so is really soft. saw one other truck out there so I wasn't the one. This will be my last weekend driving on waconia for the winter.

Fished in 24 feet of water where minnetonkamans house was and caught 12 keepers and a few small ones, bite was slower then what it was last weekend I think they are starting to move shallower. Ill be out again tomorrow during the day, probably hit nelsons in 10 FOW or so.

How big is big? My biggest this year is 12.5 inches on Waconia. It weighed in at one pound two ounces. Last weekend of hitting the lake probably.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking about trying Waconia tomorrow night for some crappie action. How has the bite been lately, especially after the cold weekend? Just curious, because I haven't fished it yet this year. The shallow bite on Tonka has been great for numbers but not much for size the last couple weeks. Flu-flu's or twister tails in the shallow bays & cuts have produced well. Any reports on Waconia? I need a change of scenery.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris,

The community spot in front of the marina produced but was way too crowded for me. We fished some shallow water & docks nearby & did very well. Lots of 8-9" crappies with some bigger 10-11" mixed in. Most fish were caught on a pink & white flu-flu. Got a 19" walleye trolling a Shad Rap at sunset.

- vern

Went out today fished for 2 hours.Clay banks,north reef,center bar.Small perch only.Had fun but motor won't get up past 1/3 throttle.c63

My brother lives near this lake and at some point this summer I am going to go visit for a fishing trip. Anyone care to share some tips for this lake? Where to go, what time to go there?

• 2 weeks later...

Last night fished from 8pm to 11:30pm target eyes. Marked fish 12 to 14 when first on lake fished weed break. Lighted bobber had one strike at 11:00. Water temp 58. Night crawler. Coming off the lake noticed a ton of long black fly type bugs all over dock. Some big bug hatch for sure. My explain no bit. Or that I'm just that bad. Parking lot was 70 % full of trucks when I left. Didn't matter this was my first time out for the year and was glad I could just get out.

• 1 month later...

Anybody been on waconia lately chasing bass? Just wondering what has been working lately.

thanks

jeff

I haven't fished waconia in quite a while and last time I did it was for walleyed. I'd be interested in how the bass bite is out there. It'd be nice to hit up another lake.

I hosted a tourney out there last Saturday. We had 19 boats with 11 or 12 of them brining in over 10 lbs for a 5 fish limit. Winner had just under 17# 2nd was a few ounces behind and 3rd place had around 15#. Big fish was 5 1/2 lbs. My boat had just under 14# fishing weedlines with plastics in 8-10'. I think the winners were fishing the deep rocks. Here is the picture of the big fish and weigh in board from the event. That was the first time I had fished Waconia and it was a fun lake to fish with lots of nice fish. Let us know how you do!

full-34787-10567-bigfish.jpg