• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What was your strangest catch.?Living or Dead, Metal or Rubber

Let's have some fun...

What's the strangest thing you ever caught??

I'll start with mine.... Big Snapper at Chester Woods... about 36" across the back....back about 4-5 yrs ago...

I caught a piece of coal on the Missouri near the Garrison Dam a couple years ago.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Muskrat on a smelt while ice fishing for northerns.

Seagull on a smelt while shore fishing for northerns.

I caught 3 strings of mardi gra beads on a crankbait in 3 different locations in the same day and then had a mussel lock down on the weight of my carolina rig the same afternoon right before sunset....top that...lol

A canoe with two college girls in it on Foster Arendts...

I was set to take them home, but my wife insisted on catch and release that day...

Redbeard5289

Hmmm...I just snagged half a coconut hull out of the Huron River in southeast Michigan last week.

I've snagged several live clams, as well as a half-grown mallard, and a fully-grown beaver--the last two were very much alive as well. I landed and un-hooked the duck--the beaver busted my line.

I've also caught a lot of crankbaits, spinners, jigs, and livebait rigs that were lost by someone else. I've also recovered a few lures that I'd lost myself earlier that day, or even a few days before.

As a kid I hooked a soft shell turtle in the back foot that put up one whale of a fight.

I watched a buddy catch a rod holder while we were ice fishing.

OK I know this is sort of "cliche" but I caught a boot a few years ago. It even had a couple of crawfish inside. Also caught a 5 lb. pike in canada that had a decomposing muskrat lodged in it's throat. The rats tail was hanging out the side of it's mouth and it stunk to high heaven. Even with his mouth wedged open, he still nailed my red and white spoon.

i got a sock while trolling kind of discusting i know and lots of crawfish i think they like leeeches

i got a small muskie off a dock once with the whole left side of his face and bill gone. my old man got a muskie of about 25 pounds that must have been hit by a boat, it had about 25% of the top bill gone and dent of about five inches deep in its back. a buddy of mine got a dead mouse while fly fishing on trout run creek. when i was younger i got a little pink catfish on a worm, still not sure if its a kind of catfish or a baby one. had a leech grab onto a topwater muskie lure on lake of the woods, twice.

I snagged a big dead and bloated beaver in the root. So gross to see that thing bubble up to the surface.

I caught a st croix rod with a okuma reel on it, it had about a 3 pound dead northern on the end of it.. my best catch to date!!

Back in the early 80's my friend and I were ice fishing in my small permanent house. I got my line all tangled around another line, and had a real rat’s nest going. After 10 minutes of trying to get everything untangled, I reached for the line, and dropped my new jigging pole down the hole. Everything went down, line and all in about 20 feet of water.

The next weekend (We hadn’t moved the house) I had a bite, when I set the hook it felt very heavy. My friend went to the next house to get a gaff just in case, so a small crowd gathered to see what I had. As I reeled in a crappie came up through the hole tail first. When I grabbed it there was two jigs in its mouth, and still attached to the second jig was my pole from the week before. I swear…a true story, and I still have that pole today.

Was ice fishing with two of my buddies in the fish house....then bamm they both setted their poles. One reeled the fish up as the other looked, a crappie took both their minnow. First time I've seen something like that.

I once caought a speed limit sign in the swan river, never did actually land it though.

A canoe with two college girls in it on Foster Arendts...

I was set to take them home, but my wife insisted on catch and release that day...

Redbeard5289

Women! mad Where about did you release these girls? wink

When I was a kid we were fishing the sucker run on Beaver Brook, an off shoot of the Littlefork River. My dad snagged a good sucker rig, you know, a hook swivel and a sinker. He just took it off and threw it in his tackle box. A couple minutes later some guy come crawling through the brush following his line right to my dads tackle box. Funny stuff right there.

I guess this is more about the bait than the catch... but seems to fit with the mood of the forum.

When I was about 5 and my brother was 7, we were both sitting at the end of the dock on a hot summer's day with our feet dangling above, or slightly in the water (it was only about two feet deep at the end of the dock).

I think you know where this story is going, and yes it ended in crying and a trip to the emergency room for my brother after a northern came out and hit his foot like a topwater lure!!! He still doesn't enjoy catching northerns, or handling them afterwards, but I have noticed a slight grin on many occassions when I slide that filet knife along some northern's backbone...

On Saturday afternoon of the Walleye opener while eating lunch at the Cabin and while the boat was beached on shore this guy showed up....ruined a perfectly good 14" Eye...DOAH!

Notice.. half of Walleye sticking out of the Northerns mouth.

downsized05090921231.jpg

i have caught a seagull in canada a few years ago whlie fishing for walleyes. I actually got the seagull all the way to the boat.

• 2 months later...

Trout fishing a few years ago near Preston...A black pair of panties with purple trim.

I was really hoping I could have returned them grin

Seem to be reeling in a lot of Packer #4 shirts, dolls, etc. out of the Miss. river as of late.

mine would have to be a clover leaf minnow trap with no name half full of bait.. in 6 fow.. my budie caught a rock a while back and had another buddie have his dare devil land right on a loon thank fully it took off straight away.

• 1 month later...